When straight draws or flush draws, do you calculate pot odds if you are betting first?

T

Tangax

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Hi,

I understand if someone bets first $10 for $100 pot its $10 divide into $120 so 8% and if flush draw 19% chance so you would call.

Does this work the other way if you bet small at $10 first which makes $100 pot would you take into account if they call $10 your getting 8% odds aswell?

Many Thanks

Jack.

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
In the first instance, they are setting the price of 12-1 on your call. The second instance you are setting the price of 12-1 (if they just call and don’t raise here). A price is a price no matter who sets it.

T

Tangax

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I usually just calculate pot odds if I'm calling someone else then if the out % is larger than the % of the pot I need to call I will.

When betting should you be making a small bet at least with some outs just because its good pot odds or should you wait to check or call?

KevinRBTV

KevinRBTV

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I don't think you can say that in general terms. Depends on countless factors

Full Flush Poker Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator