am i doing wrong?

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you’re not winning, you’re doing something wrong;)
Do you understand position? Playing hands in early position is more dangerous since there’s many left to act and raise.
Do you spend money chasing straights, flushes and low pairs?
Have you studied any of the coarses here at CC?
Do you know proper bet sizing and about implied odds?
You can show us some hands you’ve played, that would help to find what you may be doing wrong.
If you just shove hands like QKo or A7s that’s wrong

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hey Good afternoon,
lately I've been reducing my stack to 0 by betting and cards like KQ , J.10
am i doing wrong?

Maybe you are not doing anything wrong, just variance. But you might not be doing things right either. Those are playable hands, but when and where is the question.
When refers to circumstances and situations, like the size of your stack, the stage of the tournament and the dynamic of the table you are playing at, among other factors.
Where relates to your POSITION and only your POSITION which makes a huge difference.
Why don't you try the "30 day course" available here on CC, I found it very helpful. No matter what your level is, you'll find some topics and some poker concepts that would definitely change the way you look at the game.
Good luck man...

P

pakyut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go all in when you are the NUTS!

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You should go all-in with big hand without redraw on a dangerous board, for the reason of value betting and protection of your hand. And for the preflop all-in, unless the blinds are big and stacks are short, hands like KQ , JT would usually do badly against your opponents' betting ranges, but I have to admit I also make such mistakes occasionally.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Start to play a higher percentage of hands and pay attention to position and exploitative play, exploitative play may get you in the right direction when your playing to tight.
Find the weaknesses of others and focus on finding several ways to play in an exploitative style by taking advantage of their flaws.

VanAlves

VanAlves

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I bet all high pairs as AA KK when I make a set on the flop I make a lot of money with this strategy and fatal:p

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hey Good afternoon,
am i doing wrong?
With those cards you are often outkicked....meaning if you have KQ he will often have KA and will beat you so unless you have 2 pairs you must be careful and not throw your stack away !!!

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Good afternoon,
am i doing wrong?

Not only the cards that are important, but your position, what the villains before you did, how did you bet, just limp, raise, how much the raise, the kind of player you are playing against.
Just a simple example, KQ and JT, both suited, at the button its a great hand to play.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to go all-in if your stack is 10-15 big blinds, there are no short stacks at the table except you, no one has put all-in before you, this is a knockout or bounty tournament.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I suppose you mean go all-in preflop? Stack off ranges depend on a number of things like stack sizes, position, previous action and ICM (Independent Chip Model), which is a measure for, how much more valuable existing chips is compared to additional chips for both you and the opponents. There is a lot of software, which can calculate the Nash Equilibrium, which is the GTO (Game Theory Optimal) push-fold ranges, if everyone follow them. I personally use ICMizer, but this is paid software apart from one free daily calculation.

Finally its important to understand, that even if we play perfect, we are going to lose (not cash) in most tournaments. If its correct to open jam KQ for 11BB, then running into AK, AQ, QQ, KK or AA does not mean, you made a mistake. It just mean, you got unlucky, that someone behind woke up with the top of their range.

M

manIk5

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play hands like kq & j10 very carefully , trying to see the flop as cheaply as possbile . If flop hits me , then I'm not playing scared , if not I fold it just like any other hand ;)

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
you should go all in, when you are short on chips (playing with tables ready to go all in when short stacks, or with big hands like AA, KK, QQ, and

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, its impossible to answer this question cause we don't know any informations about your game and the fields you are involved.
All-in means putting your whole stack into the pot hoping someone will call you, there are times when the pot is already valuable that we decide to shut down the party and not risk further streets, and few times hoping someone not to call you.

T

thesternburglar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All is a powerful move. I shove when I have the nuts or second nuts and hop that someone thinks I'm bluffing. It is important when you achieved that level.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every situation is different (table image, effective stacks, opponent playstyle, ICM pressure, range advantages...the list is pretty long), but generally speaking, both KQ and JT are not good enough to be All-In with because they are easily dominated. Let us take the example of JT. We are in bad shape if the opponent just so happens to hold AJ, KJ, QJ or of course the "usual" cards which beat JT often (such as AA, or AK).

The cardschat 30 Day Course (free to take) I recommend. I was fortunate enough to place in 1st for that freeroll at the end as well, but I'd happily recommend the course even if it didn't end up holding a special place in my heart :)

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/learning-poker-57/cardschat-training-course-455641/

Good luck and feel free to message if you ever want to chat or just need a friend around the site :) See ya around cardschat :)