When to raise a bet

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually raise with QQ, Kk, AA and you?

Depends on a lot of factors. If I am first in the pot, I raise with my entire range from those positions. This could be AQ+, 77+ from EP or it could be 78s from HJ. I stay balanced by 3betting these hands as well.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

It’s great to raise these hands pre-flop, and you want your full raising range to be based on your position. The later your position, the more hands you play. And anytime you’re going to play a hand and your first in the pot, try coming in with a raise to stay aggressive! (Unless you’re in the small blind, in which case limping is often the best option.)

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in any position I will raise these hands and also 3bet the raise.

S

StackingZChipz209

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yapper

raise raise and raise some more petal to the metal just as I typed this I ran and bet into QUAD 7777 lol :icon_jokeyou win some and then :flute:

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When KK. and AA are here when one is QQ.
When AA is here when one is KK.

Be careful respectively, please.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I also raise in such cases. Otherwise, you may get problems. With such good cards, I prefer an aggressive game.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Thank U 4 Posting

You may wish to study the concept of hand ranges. There are very good videos on the concept available for study.

If our villains see that we are only raising those hands, they can fold to all our raises or play in a way that minimizes the pot size we win and maximizes the pot size we lose.

As an example, if I know you only raise those hands I will only call when I have QQ-22 and then only build a pot versus you when I make a hand that beats 1 pair hands.

So often you will win 5-10bb pots vs me but I will be winning 100bb pots vs you or if you fold to often I will be stealing pots from you because I know you only have those hands.

Hope this helps
:):):)

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A raise should always be done if you are going to limit the number of players entering the game.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is the main problem of poker - to correctly determine the size of your bet in order to squeeze out the maximum in case of a favorable outcome and lose at the minimum in the opposite case. If you raise only with QQ, KK, AA, then very soon you will be figured out and you will only win the blinds, and in the end the same blinds will eat up your entire stack. Good luck

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm just at a loss why this post?, in order to find out who plays how and get the maximum notes. I think such questions are very stupid, fish-Hello

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can't do the same thing every time. This will have a bad effect later on in your game. Sometimes it is necessary not to show your high card. At least occasionally. This will confuse opponents.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you can raise with any hand, the main thing is to choose the right moment and the right opponent and not go deep into a crazy game when the opponent does not give up.:)

C

carborun

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
when you have a strong hand. Sets, two pair, flush, straight etc.

Of course don't raise them if they are just going to fold. high overall cbet% and wtsd% means you can raise them for value more loosely because they are stacking off light. So top top and bottom two you can then generally be raising.

florestaftw

florestaftw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

On the flop, if I see my hand very strong, and I see that the opponent is trying to make a draw, I bet big, since an AA is useless against a flush or straight draw.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, if it's a cache then yes! Premium hands don't come around that often to be easy to shove and collect the blinds! And in MTT everything depends on the stack, position and stage of the tournament!

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hi Pilger,

If you are talking about preflop it depends on a few factors. Your hand, your position, the opponnts behind you and the action ahead of you. This video will give you some more insight.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUVQGobSCQY&list=PLBrNnyWekagO_N2USvvxB2ykzb_kQn0hy&index=1[/ame]

For some example ranges (although they are a bit on the tight side) this video I made for cash game ranges will be one you likely find helpful

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDUt1Hq_XtQ&list=PLBrNnyWekagO_N2USvvxB2ykzb_kQn0hy&index=18[/ame]

As for raising after the flop, well, you can do this if you believe you have the best hand AND your opponent will call that raise with a worse hand OR you can raise because you believe your opponent will fold to the raise often enough for your bet to instantly show a profit! (This video on aggression below dives a bit more into the topic :))