Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In my short poker experience, limping only causes people to pressure you to fold. And from what I've heard, it makes you look like a weak player.
That's why I ask, when do you think it's a good idea to do it?
I appreciate any advice! I'm ready to take notes ✍️
Thanks in advance

Lucho.riv9

Lucho.riv9

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
well, in general I don't recommend to limp, but sometimes when you are poor in chips in relation with the Big Blind you can limp to don't risk a high percent of your chips. Maybe there are others situations that I'm ignoring.

Last edited:
Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
well, in general I don't recommend to limp, but sometimes when you are poor in chips in relation with the Big Blind you can limp to don't risk a high percent of your chips. Maybe there are others situations that I'm ignoring.
Does your position have any influence?
Don't they put pressure on you when you do that? Or since it's a small amount, it doesn't bother you to lose it?

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my short poker experience, limping only causes people to pressure you to fold. And from what I've heard, it makes you look like a weak player.
That's why I ask, when do you think it's a good idea to do it?
I appreciate any advice! I'm ready to take notes ✍️
Thanks in advance
GTOwizard (free) will help you learn basic limping spots -mostly at 20bb or less MTT-there is also a great article in their blog about how to limp and why

:unsure::geek:

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
We raise for a purpose. To gain information, take the lead, narrow the field. If you raise and cannot accomplish any of those reasons then those extra raising chips are not serving a purpose. In this case it’s ok to limp.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think you must do limp when you have nuts and you want your opponent to make big bets to knock you out of the game

Fofa

Fofa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Limping's kinda like wearing socks with sandals: usually a big no-no. But like, sometimes you pull it off, you know?

Here some short examples:
- Tons of limpers? Join the party!
- Got aggressive sharks at the table? Hide a monster hand like aces or kings and let them swim into your trap. Boom!
- Stack looking like an ant on a watermelon? Limp to see more flops... be careful if things get spicy!
- One-on-one showdown? Limp once in a while just to mess with their heads. But don't make it a habit, you ain't Houdini or Negreanu (limping is pimping).

Too much socks with sandals will ruin your image, your game...

:D

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Limping's kinda like wearing socks with sandals: usually a big no-no. But like, sometimes you pull it off, you know?

Here some short examples:
- Tons of limpers? Join the party!
- Got aggressive sharks at the table? Hide a monster hand like aces or kings and let them swim into your trap. Boom!
- Stack looking like an ant on a watermelon? Limp to see more flops... be careful if things get spicy!
- One-on-one showdown? Limp once in a while just to mess with their heads. But don't make it a habit, you ain't Houdini or Negreanu (limping is pimping).

Too much socks with sandals will ruin your image, your game...

:D
It's true that it feels comfortable to limp when everyone is doing the same thing, I don't think it's worth raising when a lot of people is interested in joining.
I imagine that if someone wants to raise, it has to be with a significant amount of chips, in order to reduce the number of people willing to continue.For the purpose of trap, I suppose it would be more effective if you already did it before. If someone plays decent, and out of nowhere they do that to me, maybe I would be suspicious.
A very funny/amusing comment I have to say, it helps me see the game in a broader way, thanks!

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
GTOwizard (free) will help you learn basic limping spots -mostly at 20bb or less MTT-there is also a great article in their blog about how to limp and why

:unsure::geek:
I'm testing the software, and it seems to be very helpful, especially to learn. I like the "find solutions" section.
Thanks for the recommendation!
And, by the way, do you use it for anything else?