When in your hand a monster

Putin545

Putin545

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it all happened when your hand, for example 7 10, on the flop 8 9 J, everyone folded, one player did all in, your actions in my place?

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You did not specify which suit all flop cards are. If they are of the same color, then I'm inclined to fold. And if a different suit then you can win an allin and worth a try. But maybe the opponent has a 10 Q card and then you lose. It may still be an option when the opponent on the flop got a combination of three cards and on the river or the turn will get a full house.

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
T,7 isnt a monster! where you get this information? on this flop it isnt even a nuts, another player can have T,Q.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's a tough situation, but with only one other player you've got a good chance of him staying in the hand chasing draws. But of course you also have to look out for made hands, obviously. The chance of flopping a straight with 1-gap connectors (e.g., QT) are 101.1 to 1. If the flop is also 2 or 3-card suited, you've also got a good chance of getting a lot of money in the pot while the other guy chases a flush. The odds that he actually flopped the flush are 117.1 to 1.

However, it really depends on how lucky you feel, and what position you're in. I'd play it aggressively (i.e., make him pay to chase) till he gives me good reason to think that I'm beat. I'm also hoping to see low unsuited cards on the turn and river, with no T or Q.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In most cases, I will only be happy to call. If this is not a suited board, then most likely you are ahead. There can be a top pair, there can be a set, there can be many other things that the villain will consider a good hand.

Guii_LF

Guii_LF

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if I pre-flop I still bet, it's hard for the guy to believe that I've sequenced the flop, for example, I can draw a lot if the villager is in draw too

Putin545

Putin545

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it turned out that way, I lost, he had a straight older than mine T, Q

Andrei Nesterenko1

Andrei Nesterenko1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If there is no chance for a flush from the opponent, I would answer him with 100% certainty

Trick1988

Trick1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
T,7 isnt a monster! where you get this information? on this flop it isnt even a nuts, another player can have T,Q.

Yes, I often lose many chips in such situations. I just can not believe that the enemy has exactly 2 of these cards:mad:

U

ucdengboss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When flopping a monster or the outright nuts your goal should be to extract as many chips as possible. You need to know your opponents their ranges and how those ranges fit the board. Sometimes it is better to over bet, sometimes better to under bet, and sometimes better to give a free card. This is very situational and many things need to be considered.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bro don't bother player 2 gappers I have seen the statistically analysis on gappers and the difference between 1 and 2 gappers is massive. I only play connectors and 1 gappers 2 gappers are just a waste of money.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands