When to Flat/3Bet a Pre Flop Raise? (MTT)

B

Barbin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always face this conundrum when playing a MTT..

When should I just call the raise and when should I 3bet it? (based on the level of the tournament or the number of blinds)

As a bonus, when should I Squeeze and how much to squeeze? 3x? 4x? all in?

Thx guys

Last edited:
A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When Flat/3Bet a Pre Flop Raise? (MTT)

It is believed that calling a raise is necessary if you have a great hand to raise and your opponent has already done it for you, and 3-betting when there are no players at the table who like to put all-in with any hands.

Squeezing is only beneficial if you are confident that your opponents will let you do it. After all, spending your chips for a maneuver that does not give the expected result threatens to lose your stack. You must also have fold equity to squeeze.

B

Barbin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is believed that calling a raise is necessary if you have a great hand to raise and your opponent has already done it for you, and 3-betting when there are no players at the table who like to put all-in with any hands.

Squeezing is only beneficial if you are confident that your opponents will let you do it. After all, spending your chips for a maneuver that does not give the expected result threatens to lose your stack. You must also have fold equity to squeeze.

So, if I have a hand that is good but not THAT good, I should 3-bet to steal the opponent blinds?

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, if I have a hand that is good but not THAT good, I should 3-bet to steal the opponent blinds?

Yes, if opponents are not inclined to go all-in at the first opportunity. And there were no raises before. This works most of the time. Since the variance has not yet been canceled.

B

Barbin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, if opponents are not inclined to go all-in at the first opportunity. And there were no raises before. This works most of the time. Since the variance has not yet been canceled.

Thx man, gonna study a few more about it. :)