demibar

demibar

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
What cards do you shove?which is the better time to steal some chips !?

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
if the table is too passive, then you need to push with kings and take chips with any card

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The latest trends in the poker world are calling for more aggressive play. However, do not confuse reasonable aggression and unmotivated looseness. It is impossible to win at poker for a long time if you are reckless and reckless. You need to treat the game with love and attention, and then your results will not be slow to affect. Or you must be extraordinarily lucky. But if you only play with pocket aces, you will never get paid the moment you finally get them. And you will inevitably lose your stack when other players run you over - you know, this happens in poker too! weaknesses.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I shove when I want to double up because I do not want to bubble after several hours play. So in the first 20 minutes I will attempt a shove with AA, AK, QQ.

I also shove near the bubble, when I am chip leader at the table and want to make a short stack fold or make short stack fear to call as they could be put out of tourney with a wrong call.

It it not always what cards I have that make me shove.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a tough question, and one that even real professionals can't give a clear answer to.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You raise for 2 reasons, to get more money in the pot and to eliminate players from the hand....so you should shove when it best suites your purpose. What you want to consider is how to capture the most expected value. If you raise AA allin 1000bbs deep and nobody calls you did not maximize your expected value.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't shove cards, I shove circumstances... :giggle:

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One of the first knowledges I think worth learning once u start ur career at poker is the push-fold strategy. For u will be so many times short stack, that it'll make a great difference in your ITM learning this. Study push-fold ranges, and try the ICM calculator from holdemresources, its free.