When to 3 and 4 bet

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, I posted my range chart earlier and someone mentioned that I need to learn when to three bet properly... I figured I'd start a new thread since that's its own topic.

Is this applicable with non-premium hands? Assume I'll three or four bet already with QQ or better. When, if at all, would I consider other hands?

Thanks in advance for the replies! :D

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Reposting my ranges for reference on this thread...

Raise always with AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AKs, AKo, AQs, AQo

Call from Early Position, otherwise raise with: AJs, KQs, KQo, AJo, KJs, ATs, TT, 99

Call always with: A9s - A2s, QJs, JTs, T9s, 98s, 87s, 76s, 65s, and 88 - 22

Call from late position sometimes (specualtive hands): KTs, QTs, Q9s, J9s, J8s, T8s, T7s, 97s, 86s, 75s, 64s, 53s, 54s, 43s

J

johnsulliv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally
I’m willing to 3-bet A5 suited up, sometimes at least,
Also in early position raising with a suited connector (89/87/65) maybe..in a tight tournament game anyway.

3beting some people with 89s or higher

I would fold a lot of kt jt qt in later position to early position raises

I might 3-bet TT+ from early....

I’m probably very wrong in my own ranges and am to interested in the answers on this thread.

SLazarov

SLazarov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i usually 3-4 bet with AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AKs, AKo, TT, 99

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think if you don’t “dilute” your 3-bet range with QQ+ with several hands like A5s, then very soon with your 3-bets you will say to regulars: “I have QQ, KK or AA” ))

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Reposting my ranges for reference on this thread...

Raise always with AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AKs, AKo, AQs, AQo

Call from Early Position, otherwise raise with: AJs, KQs, KQo, AJo, KJs, ATs, TT, 99

Call always with: A9s - A2s, QJs, JTs, T9s, 98s, 87s, 76s, 65s, and 88 - 22

Call from late position sometimes (specualtive hands): KTs, QTs, Q9s, J9s, J8s, T8s, T7s, 97s, 86s, 75s, 64s, 53s, 54s, 43s

I think that have a reference is good but you have to change range depend your opponent/table, if you play against a rock player/table maybe you have to 3-4 bet only with premium hands but if you play against loose players/table you can 3-4 bet if more hands.

Poker is a game of people, not cards (obviously that cards help, but the more you know your opponent, the easier it is to win). You always have to adapt to your opponents.

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't make a big difference between my starting hands.
If you 4 bet with AA, KK and 3 bet with everything else people will notice after a while.