What's your playing style? Which one is more profitable in the long run?

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm generally a conservative TAG a a full table in the lower stakes tourneys - I wait for my moments (but not too long). If I figure i've got a good chance at taking down the pot, I don't mind going for broke. But I'm not going all aggro all the time, because I've never been able to make that work for the long term. I generally have terrible bad luck, so much so that I can almost count on a bad beat more often than not if I get into an all-in situation. So I try to limit those moments to situations when I've got a 2 to 3 times stack advantage. That way when the other guy hits that magic long-shot card on the river, I'm not going anywhere.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All the same - more tight. A win - aggressive.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My game depends on many factors such as the stage of the tournament and the players at the table !!! at an early stage of the tournament I play cautiously but not always !!! it all depends on Iroko the table !!!!

Last edited:
Diegol

Diegol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends on a lot of things but i usually like to play tight and aggressive with short stack, maybe when i get some good stack i call more hands

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think LAG is most profitable, but you run the risk of spewing. i play mostly conservative, But i am able to change gears. Sometime you gotta 3 bet someone with 8 4 if they are getting out of line, sometimes you gotta fold AJ. All depends on stage of tourney and how every one else is playing at the table.

TiReX

TiReX

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play tight-aggressive style(at least adhere to).Loose game is not for me.Judging by the statistics,and of course I've played-have a nice plus.When I try to play a more loose-usually lose.Only play MTT

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure if one style is more profitable than another, it all depends on the player themselves. I'm a NIT by nature but can also be known to be super aggressive, it all depends on the game at any particular time. Over my career I have made money and never looked back.

everth

everth

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
All modalities can become profitable in the long term, everything will depend on your exhortion and dedication to studies.

R

roddypra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is certainly a more cautious style of play at the beginning and then more aggressive. So I have been successful. For me it's a style of play that I usually use, but of course, it depends on each table, every stage of the game, every player that you are facing.

A

alex_Romejz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is very important to know the differents styles but we need to understand that our main objective is generate profit taking control of the table is fundamental that´s why playing thight agressive is the best style.

V

Vonick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends the table and ofcourse the hands.

I

iFishForFlush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no "one" right play style in poker, the game is very situation dependent, identifying table dynamics and adjusting appropriately is what you should be aiming for unless you're 12+ tabling, then just play tight.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
My style is tight-aggressive (or nit style better ,hehe ) , but at low limits , at least , that I play , can't say it's the most profitable in the long run (or in the short run what-so-ever) . I mean , too many play especially loose aggressive , some loose passive (if I say it correct) , not to mention the lucky donks . Maybe , or for sure , I have to try to loosen up my play game/style , to see more hands and play more aggressively :)

M

Mauno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play more tight and try to evaluate situation against other players.

migesan

migesan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on the situation in the tournament, but always play only to couples and large maps on a long tournament, it is important to be patient.

D

Dedulia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I do play resname the tight aggressive it all depends on the table it is necessary to pick up the game and look at the stacks and stage of tournament

Gabinho12345

Gabinho12345

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to adjust your playing style to the situation you are in.

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is for sure a careful style if you stay consistent you should be in the profit over time. But to be successful you have to take chances and cannot only win pots because you have a hand or hit something. To do better more risks need to be taken unless it is one of these lucky days that you are running extremely well. But yea, to be consistent you gota learn to grind.

vitja0101

vitja0101

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
often try to tighten up but the style of play you should be able to change the course of the game

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really no right or wrong style because they all have strengths and weaknesses. The most profitable style is ALWAYS the one you can play the best.

Svyat66556

Svyat66556

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the beginning of the game I'm playing tight when in game becomes a little players, I begin playing agresivno

Ivab

Ivab

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For each type of poker you must choose your tactics. I am a tournament player. Perception tournaments I play aggressively. The slow tournaments I play tight. I think the more varied game, the more successful it is. Opponents hard to read you when you change the game strategy. So I try to play diverse.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play in different ways and this style I don't.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
im super-aggressive,,,i win alot of tournaments by raising 4 out of 5 hands,,,it makes things very intensive,,which i like,because it keeps me involved in the action and keeps me alert. :cool: