What’s your favourite hands to play out of position?

A

AndyB_10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
i think small pairs 33, 44, 55 can be useful. if the flop is good and even land a set you can often quietly check down beating strong hole cards

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Curious as to what everyone’s favourite hands are when out of position.
It depends on which position you are sitting. Are you talking about EP or the Blinds? Some hands we will never play from UTG but we will open from the SB, e.g., for stealing we can open hands like 73o from small blind, when it comes in fold to us, so we steal from the BB. However, we can never open such combos from UTG and MP.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My favourite hand from any position is AA preflop. Postflop its the nuts, whatever that might be :)

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My favourite hand from any position is AA preflop. Postflop its the nuts, whatever that might be :)
two days with AA I lose in the tournament, against 77 and 44. What a strong hand😴. Small pairs are bette

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Curious as to what everyone’s favourite hands are when out of position.
AA, KK, AK, QQ, AQ, JJ, KQ, TT, AJ.
I generally make decisions based not only on position or my pocket cards, I also consider the format of the tournament, its structure, the size of my stack, and the style of play of my opponents.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The desire to play strong hands in poker is understandable - with them there is a clear understanding of the further plan of action. But they don't come around that often. I like 99 and 1010. There is a trap strategy where you hide the strength of the hand. We recommend that beginners abandon this tactic, because. for a positive implementation, you need an understanding of the postflop.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
In the literature of the early 2000s, three factors stood out in choosing a hand to play: the strength of the starter, the position and actions of opponents. Today, the average level of the field has grown incredibly. There is no easy money left in the game. You have to take into account many more points when deciding whether to enter the distribution or reset the starter to the pass.It is important to understand here that the more players fold, the wider the opening range will be for the hero. The strength of hole cards cannot be viewed in a vacuum without reference to position at the poker table.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
AA. It is always the best hand out of position.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, my favorite hands, when I'm out of position, these are J10 and QJ suited. Something like that!..

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well fav rag hand in any position is 68suited
Goes back over a decade ago when a noob best the shark at a live game, didn't even know he had a flush🤣
Buddy lost his shit, threw his chips and went home
his buddies still bug him about it to this day:)

viniavelar2

viniavelar2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I always check if my hand is low and all the others were. I usually go because the probability of drawing low cards on the table is higher because all the other high cards are in the hands of the players. If I have a high card and few were it I will pay if it is high and all the others were depending on the amount to see I pay if not even with a high card I get out

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
AA KK QQ is my favorite hand in positions or without positions I don't care so if I have such a hand I will always love it and go with it almost always to the end and be the winner in large numbers;)

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands