What's the first hole you fixed in your game?

Dobbler1

Dobbler1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm still fixing holes in my game, but I remember the first time I said to myself "holy crap, I've been doing that wrong". It was overvaluing A-rag off. I think this is a pretty common rookie mistake, and I see players making it all the time. Making that simple fix made a big difference in my game. What was yours'?

Last edited:
mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think that as long as you are not a professional, you will always be busy repairing holes in the game. When I started playing poker, I mainly listened to my gut feeling and was lucky with it very often, but that's not the way to be successful in poker in the long run. I was also one of those people who was always curious about what was on the river, so I always went along to the river. Now I fold a lot more often and if I didn't hit anything on the flop then I'm no longer curious about the river but fold a little easier now.

Dobbler1

Dobbler1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think that as long as you are not a professional, you will always be busy repairing holes in the game. When I started playing poker, I mainly listened to my gut feeling and was lucky with it very often, but that's not the way to be successful in poker in the long run. I was also one of those people who was always curious about what was on the river, so I always went along to the river. Now I fold a lot more often and if I didn't hit anything on the flop then I'm no longer curious about the river but fold a little easier now.
I think if you are a professional you will spend more time fixing holes in your game. After all, the stakes are higher.

Timmah120

Timmah120

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, the first major leak in my game that I noticed was playing way too tight and calling/raising too wide of a range in early/mid position. Once I took the time to notice this, my game instantly improved.

However, I still have leaks that I am working on, and will continue to work on the rest of my life. This was just the first major one.

japangod87

japangod87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
ha ha I suspect everyone of bluffing and the omnipotence of which it is very difficult for me to fold my hand. but I am trying to re-educate myself.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Filling in the leaks is rather eternal.
It is the pros who win while doing that.

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
blaming the game for the mistakes I made, I think that's the main thing to recognize

Top 10 Games