What's the best way to study poker

L

liga2k

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Cause I'm a beginner and when u learn some concepts I don't know how to improve my game

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are plenty books but I watch training videos, also may help to sign up to a training site

Reail

Reail

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There are a lot of poker streamers and a lot of hand analysis videos. If you look mindfully, you can learn a lot

N

NoMore

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it takes time and you can take advantage of watching the games of strong players,for example, you can learn a lot from Daniel Negreanu
Cause I'm a beginner and when u learn some concepts I don't know how to improve my game

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
However, accumulating actual battles may be a surprisingly quick path.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
There's no better possibility to learn than playing :)
This way (even when making mistakes) you'd learn much more than just by reading books or whatever ...

Spielkind

Spielkind

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
read, study, play online and live

D

Danieleli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well.. first i recommend to study the most common situations so i would start learning preflop (1ºRFI ranges 2º flat/3bet ranges).
Reviewing your games is a nice way to improve your skills, if you use a tracker you can save hands that you had doubt while playing but i also like reviewing an antire tournament.) AFter you get that try to add up to your game one thing at a time, for example you watch some video about blind war do not go on to see another video with hard concepts, give yourself a while to practice what you've learned.

Hope it helps!

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends the way you usually use to study a new subject. I always prefer to read (books or sites), but sometimes I also watch videos in youtube.

lilypond

lilypond

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Can you recommend me some video?
PokerCoaching.com are currently offering a free 3 day trial on all their video courses and other resources. Tutors include Jonathan Little who runs courses for beginners, for tournament players and for cash game players. There are also lots of webinars and quizzes available to view.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
when I started in poker here at cardschat, it was very difficult to understand some concepts and theories of poker without practice, the most complex thing in the study and learning of poker is that practice is allied to concepts and theories

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for everyone it's different. But what I can recommend just take it seriously. Make the notes, don't try to improve every aspect of this game too fast. It's always better to focus on one aspect for a one week than few at once. For me Generally it's watching the videos and make the notes from them. Plus I work a lot with GTO Wizard lately by analyzing most common spots like BB vs SB, SB 3bet vs BU etc.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just play. Too much variance to justify any set plays or ‘study’ per se. You need 1….The Cards. 2…..The cards to hit. 3….Not to get some crazzzy bad beat.

offeron

offeron

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually watch the tournaments played and analyze the mistakes.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think this forum is a good help

but in general nothing is better to learn poker than to PLAY poker . you can read all the books you want but it is when you are playing that will give you experience and will improve your game

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to really liked watching training videos on sites like CardRunners and reviewing my hands with an ICM tool look sngwiz or icmizer.