What is your technique/strategy playing hyper turbo tournaments?

D

DmitriM

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
EE
Chips
From my personal experience you only play monsters and Ace suited, sometimes even that doesn't work when out of position. But in general, using this tactics for hyper turbo freerolls getting me some cents from many freerolls🙂
What is your experience?

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Study the icm of the format with an icm tool like sngwiz or icmizer.

I really enjoy the hyper sngs and mtts. You have to understand there will be a great deal of variance and you cant put much stock in small sample size results.

D

DmitriM

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
EE
Chips
Help for rookie, need a translator🤭🙏 Icm, sngwiz or icmizer, sngs and mtts??? What the....? 😅

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know it's not optimal but I play turbo / hyper turbo mtts the exact same way I play regular speed mtts. I just know the blinds are faster.

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
maximum aggressiveness at first and wait for monsters later

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In such tournaments, I completely rely on luck, and just patiently wait for strong cards. This is a lottery, so I treat such tournaments accordingly.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Since you get to big blinds faster you can't sit around and just wait for big hands. It becomes a push-fold game a lot sooner than a regular tournament.

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Help for rookie, need a translator🤭🙏 Icm, sngwiz or icmizer, sngs and mtts??? What the....? 😅
ICM = Independent Chip model A model calculating your money worth of Chips.

S&G wizard/sngwiz = a bit old fashioned program that trains and analyzes your ICM play.
IZMIZER = same as above in a more modern facelift ICM analyzing and training
SNGs = Sit and go's fast minitournaments from 2 to 9 players a table going from 1 to about 5 tables
MTT = Multi Table Tournaments, tournaments with a larger number of players than SNGs
To read further:
Poker Glossary

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

S&G wizard/sngwiz = a bit old fashioned program that trains and analyzes your ICM play.
SNGs = Sit and go's fast minitournaments from 2 to 9 players a table going from 1 to about 5 tables
MTT = Multi Table Tournaments, tournaments with a larger number of players than SNGs
To read further:
Poker Glossary

Thanks for the translation, I often error on the side of brevity.

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I bet, you knew that already. Just joking.:ROFLMAO:

Trismegisto

Trismegisto

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It always depends on how many chips you have, but its better to stick with the statistics and go with better odd hands

D

DmitriM

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
EE
Chips

To read further:
Poker Glossary
Wow. Thank you!!! That was a spot on translation👍👍👍

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
If you play hyper turbo, you should play a lot more hands and not only play on strong hands because this way you will lose a lot of chips, and there is certainly a doubt whether you will earn money on strong hands so try to take your hands for a quick game and play them more aggressively because the game itself is already a fast structure and you should adapt to it