What is your reaction

F

Felipebarao

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:rolleyes:

You have QQ and AK3 is on the flop, what do you do?

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a tough one. If I'm first to react after the flop, I make a reasonable bet, not big but not very small either. This way I see their reaction. If he/they call, then I pump the breaks and hope for a queen on turn or river. If I'm out of position I check or call if the bet is something I can afford and again, hope for a queen.

Heads up I bluffed sometimes representing the A since my gut told me he had pair of K but this is a rare thing.
Hope this helped

Z

zeeeh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Depends...You gave us incomplete information to analyze that...How was the action pre-flop? Whats your position? Whats the position of the villains? etc...

swimbles

swimbles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on a number of things: the action pre-flop, how many people are in the pot, etc.

It's a rough spot, but if you find yourself in a 3-bet pot and villain starts firing down 3 streets, I think it's fair to lay QQ down.

deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

This is for you to fully describe the distribution and the players. So there is no point in poking your finger in the sky.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have QQ, does the flop ever come something different than A K X? :D

Usually go into defensive mode checking back and only having one bet at most go in the pot. If action gets any more than that, unless it's heads-up or you're versus a maniac, just fold.

So for example, you raise in MP and the small blind calls. He checks flop the AK3 flop and we check back. He bets turn and we call. If he checks river, we check back. If he bets again, we fold.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In any case, the flop needs to be raised. Otherwise, it will be difficult for you to understand what the enemy has. If the opponent has raised, you can safely discard the card. If he called on the flop, check on the river and decide what to do on the turn.

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this case I would fold, because two cards can come to the opponent and I can't be sure that he is bluffing

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It will depend on the pre-flop, amount of chips and the opponent's profile. Now, in general, fold.

F

Felipebarao

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have QQ, does the flop ever come something different than A K X? :D

Usually go into defensive mode checking back and only having one bet at most go in the pot. If action gets any more than that, unless it's heads-up or you're versus a maniac, just fold.

So for example, you raise in MP and the small blind calls. He checks flop the AK3 flop and we check back. He bets turn and we call. If he checks river, we check back. If he bets again, we fold.

Kkkk a lot of action for little card ... that's why we should open all flops that are not KK and AA I think:joyman:b

It will depend on the pre-flop, amount of chips and the opponent's profile. Now, in general, fold.

Attention, and better bet on a better flop

In any case, the flop needs to be raised. Otherwise, it will be difficult for you to understand what the enemy has. If the opponent has raised, you can safely discard the card. If he called on the flop, check on the river and decide what to do on the turn.

Make sure the bet was raised I went c-bet I'm aggressive if I click I'm still able to win on the turn

Depends...You gave us incomplete information to analyze that...How was the action pre-flop? Whats your position? Whats the position of the villains? etc...

It depends when you pay be prepared to lose

Last edited by a moderator:
MikeDTT

MikeDTT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i lose i stand up and i walk through and back.

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
if i am the aggressor i make one more bet and analyze how the villain will react, it gets easier when the villain nots!

T

tiltedskill2130

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There is alot of missing info to correctly assess what my next move would be. However with what is in front of me, i make a decent size bet and see what happens. Chances are im not calling anyones all in bet still want to see if im out front.

CBETKA

CBETKA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on your stack, position, and tournament stage. Before the bubble, I wouldn't take any chances.

F

Felipebarao

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i lose i stand up and i walk through and back.

Okay, you have to make the blood circulate :D

if i am the aggressor i make one more bet and analyze how the villain will react, it gets easier when the villain nots!
You want to represent ace, but when you check it means that you don’t have ace if he has a KQ he continues if he suspects you have low pairs

There is alot of missing info to correctly assess what my next move would be. However with what is in front of me, i make a decent size bet and see what happens. Chances are im not calling anyones all in bet still want to see if im out front.
You bet high, you want to get a penalty, when the time comes, that flop, an A or a single K can get in your way ... throw you out of the tournament or win a good amount of your chips ... and the same when you know your opponent has A in his hand and hits A on the flop

It all depends on your stack, position, and tournament stage. Before the bubble, I wouldn't take any chances.

... strong hug and do not continue like this

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After the flop, I bet 4bb and on the turn I make the final decision, all in or fold, depending on the opponent's reaction.

F

Felipebarao

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not accept your advice and refuse to give you a big hug. It's my choice.

You're dumb. Thanks for the comment.

After the flop, I bet 4bb and on the turn I make the final decision, all in or fold, depending on the opponent's reaction.
I don't play like that I prefer to quit

NickeLine22

NickeLine22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Too little info to answer. Probably 2/3 pot bet - fold