What is your next step?

Ygtszksn

Ygtszksn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone.

I just want to give info about me , Im playing in PS and general tournament and zoom with 1-3 euro. I am not pro and i can tell im new in online poker.

Whenever I win or lose, my next step is to play bigger and of course I'm losing all my balance : )

So i guess i have problem with my next step im feeling im doing something wrong at poker . Actually i dont know what i need to do or how i can stop myself for not lose my all balance in same day :)

I just wondering if have someone like me and feeling same ( about lose all balance in day ) . I wondering your next step and how u are doing so maybe i can learn new things.

So whats your next step?

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you can see the cash game tables on pokerstars, You ll realize theres a lot of players being there every time, if they are micro limits pokerpros, I don't know. I can just say they can't be fool, at least most of them. Nowadays I'm quietly begining to point up, but I reconize I had a terrible weakness. Each time I learned something, I do ever think I knew everything, so I lose and I discovered that all that stuff I've learned was not enough. That repeat sometimes (sore times) until I discover that to be a winner in poker was gonna be tough. Based on it, try to learn all you can (it's never enough), study your hand histories, ever use poker theory in your game, keep your mind cool, to be able to well execute everything you know.
My next step is to be more commited to do everything I said to you do.

Last edited:
Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
your step should be playing as small stakes as possible and try to improve your game day by day. Playing higher limits when you are not a winning player even on lower limits will make you busto every time.

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all the articles i've read is to down not up if you are struggling idk

L

Ltech

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My next step

My next step in poker is to build a bankroll so i can play reak cash games.

sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whenever I win or lose, my next step is to play bigger and of course I'm losing all my balance : )

If you are losing, always, always play lower stakes until you are winning, then and only then, move up.

Also, pick up a serious poker book written recently (since 2005) from one of the pros. Learn which hands to play from each table position, betting strategies for each street, and learn where your leaks are by reviewing your hand history. Keep track of everything that happens in each hand, and post all the details here and let some of the folks here inform you where your mistakes are. There are a lot of really good players here who will help.

frost234

frost234

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Start all over again. Gradually increase your bankroll - play 5/10 cents on the tables and switch to more expensive tables

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

Im like you start small if you win go bigger. I have cashed this way. The best way to win in poker is to jump right in with all the money. Go big or go home. This is the way Phil Hellmoth started off. He scrounge around for poker buy in and won the world series of poker. If you play too much. The money usually just goes to rake.

T

tayday79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone.

I just want to give info about me , Im playing in PS and general tournament and zoom with 1-3 euro. I am not pro and i can tell im new in online poker.

So i guess i have problem with my next step im feeling im doing something wrong at poker . Actually i dont know what i need to do or how i can stop myself for not lose my all balance in same day :)

I just wondering if have someone like me and feeling same ( about lose all balance in day ) . I wondering your next step and how u are doing so maybe i can learn new things.

So whats your next step?
try using bankroll management. only play 2 to 5 percent of your bankroll

Asixx014

Asixx014

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
BRM! (Bank Roll Management) For tourney play as an amateur like myself you should really have 100 buy-ins. If the buy-in is $1 you should have $100 in bank roll (scales to the euro). This should account for variance as long as you play smart and generally +EV. If you don't have that, you should definitely be playing a lower buy-in. Also study plenty on tourney strategy as tourneys are an all or nothing senario, and evolve as blinds go up and your big blind count fluctuates. How this helps! :)

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your very first mistake is not following a bankroll rule. You should not take in the game more than 10% of your bankroll. Professional players generally take no more than 1% of their amount at the poker room.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you increase your bankroll 10 times you move up in stakes, if you are losing bankroll, you move down in stakes.

Another thing to do is find a different variation of poker, such as omaha hi lo, badugi, razz. Or play fixed limit, no limit, pot limit . Something may help your game play even changing from 9 player to 6 player.

And if i lose 3 buy ins, i know that is enough to lose in one day.
If you are winning, you stay at the dang table no matter how sore your butt gets.