What was your most memorable bluff?

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when I started playing live many years ago and bluffing was not part of my game. I was this nitty short stacker that just had push/shove game. Was playing this regular tough. He pretty much own me last time we played
I’m holding 5-6 ❤️ We are HU into the flop and he is deep stack and I m short stack in a cash game. There is $ 30 in the pot I have $200 behind and he has me covered Flop is 3♥️4♥️K♣️ I’m OOP and check and he pots it ( Villian is good player opens with a wide range and was preflop aggressor) I call planning to float and bet out on the turn Turn is J♠️ Pot is now $90 I have $170 behind and lead out for $60 He raises! Makes it $120. I think for a while but couldn’t fold a good draw. I though about raising all in but I seen this villian good hero calls so I call
Villian look surprised when I called as I took a while to think . At this point I was looking for a heart or something to complete a straight. River was 9♦️
Oh oh ! Before the dealer put the card on the table I realized I only had 6 high! I quickly yell all in immediately and look down at my cards
Villian and dealer looked amused as I was doing this Hellmuth look with my hands over my mouth and refusing to look up. The Villian was confused that I betted so quickly on the river but took so much time on the turn. He tank and tanked
Pot was $320 before the river And I put in rest of my $60 all in. He had deep stack and was sure he was going to call my small bet. He was muttered something to effect of maybe I had it on the flop
He mucks and the rest of table is amused by antics
I really didn’t know how to act and was new to live poker. Still remember that one cause the Villian had stack me off last time, and it’s was a revenge for me. Plus it was first bluffs that worked for me