What is your bankroll management?

Please choose what percentage of your bankroll you consider acceptable expenses.

• 1% or less

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • 2-3%

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • 3-5%

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • 5-10%

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • 10-20%

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • 20-50%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am ready to spend 100% of my bankroll.

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
We all know how important bankroll management is :cool:
So, which bankroll management system appeals to you more, and what percentage of your bankroll are you willing to spend in one game session.

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I use different methods with different sites, so using some for shot taking and others just for more regular grinding. To be honest, I think I'm naturally cautious with my BR, although less so with chips on the table, so I've never had an issue, I've never gone broke etc. But my online BR doesn't particularly grow fast either as a rule. I'm kind of moving towards playing a little more frequently live these days and have way less time for inline poker at the moment.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, 3-5% is the most acceptable ratio of expenses per session to the bankroll, but I must honestly say that I almost always go beyond these limits and I actually spend 5-10%. Not critical, but so far this is my shortcoming.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think your bankroll must be in 100 times biger than a one-off ticket, if you play turbo games than in 150 times biger

hexplore35

hexplore35

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
10-20% ,I like play agressive

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I play a very boring game. My bankroll goes up at a painfully slow pace. I am in no hurry. You can't make money with a zero bankroll. So, risking 1 pct of bankroll or entering any $1 tourney is enough excitement in my game.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a lot of discussion about bankroll management, but I have yet to hear anything about how to manage your bankroll so that you can control your emotional state.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
There is a lot of discussion about bankroll management, but I have yet to hear anything about how to manage your bankroll so that you can control your emotional state.
The less control you have of your emotions the more important conservative bank roll management becomes. They are however separate issues & if you can't can't control your emotions at the table proper brm is only going to delay the inevitable.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Currently I don't need to do any management of my bankroll as I withdrew all the money to pay expenses (and how Poker helped me this year!) But I believe that the ideal is something between 1% and 2% of your bankroll. If you want to play at higher limits, access them via satellites.

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I try not to spend more than 5% of my bankroll in one day. My bankroll is currently less than 50 dollars, so I think that 5% of this amount is quite an adequate limit.

L

luk0123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I Just recently returned to poker and I am trying to building my bankroll from 0 by playing fryrolls. In perfect world I would Say you should not spend over 5% in one game.

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
At the moment I'm actually only playing freerolls and building up my bankroll. But next year I will start playing buy-in tournaments, I plan to spend no more than 3% per day.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How I leading my Bankroll management?!. The all simply: first of all, I playing only by my own Bankroll,
and secondly, trying to waste not more 20% of my Bankroll: slightly plus-minus... That's it!

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
I don't use bankroll rules because I only play for fun on lower stakes nowadays.

But when I played more seriously and higher I was extremely conservative and was overrolled on almost every stake I played. Never risked more than 2-5% at any time after the roll was built to a decent amount.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I am way beyond sticking to a specific amount, When I first started to build a Bankroll, I stuck to a 1% rule but my Bankroll has grown so much I don't worry about it, I have well over $600 Dollars in it and I still buy-in for $1 Dollar, Why? because I am not Interested in making Money!
Poker is much more than a means of making Money, For me it is a way of having a little Fun, whenever I feel in the Mood for a Game. We don't all play just to make a 2nd income, That would be too much like Hard work, and at 68 I gave up work and retired over 10 years ago. so starting again is not on my "Bucket List".
Playing just for the enjoyment the game gives me is not a crime, nor am I wasting time on playing below my Limits, I am a Hobby Player playing Purely for Fun and the Fun cost's me nothing!

When the Fun Stop's, STOP!
I Will!

G

Goalie35

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I try to keep my bankroll at 20 buy-ins for the level I am playing. I will only lose a max of 2 buy-ins in one day. If I have several bad days in a row, I will drop a level and try to build it up again. If I run hot (not very often) and the bankroll increases I will move up a level.

NootNoot

NootNoot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I'm currently a $2 NL cash game player so in some ways it doesn't matter! Can't get any lower than that, I have a roll of $143.

I was going to wait until I had 30 buy ins for $5 NL, then give that a 5 buy in shot. I've seen something lately which is more aggressive, talking about 15 buy ins for a 2 buy in shot. I might give that a go.

Instead of being almost ready for a shot at $5 NL, I'd be playing it now and only $7 away from giving $10 NL a shot with the same roll.

The worst case scenario is I end up back down at under $75, playing $2 NL again. That wouldn't bother me too much.

For shot taking that would be just over 13%.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I'm ready to spend 10-20% of my bankroll playing in a good tournament where the prizes exceed the limit but I rarely play poker with all the money I have. I did it before and wanted to play high limits but I realized you can't do this because you can always be eliminated from the tournament and all the money is lost, play more tournaments and have more chances to win

ebazynski

ebazynski

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Since my bankroll covers both poker and sports betting, I chose 1%-1.5 % as my daily limit. I'm in it for the enjoyment, not big profits, and want to be able to enjoy myself without having to re-load my account.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
We all know how important bankroll management is :cool:
So, which bankroll management system appeals to you more, and what percentage of your bankroll are you willing to spend in one game session.
I don't manage my bankroll, as I only play freerolls I don't see the need to leave money sitting in the rooms, I make withdrawals whenever I reach the stipulated minimum and apply it to the bank where I have an account.

It's better to leave it in my bank account than in the room, they could suddenly change their mind and not let me withdraw, in my account it's more guaranteed, and it's paying off.😉😁

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management