What can you learn from the pro poker players?

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Have you ever wondered why poker pros do what they do at a poker table? A few months ago, Phil Hellmuth and Jason Koon faced off against each other in a High Stakes Duel. Today Chris Wallace discusses one of the plays made and discusses why these plays were made.

Read more here >>> Learn From The Pros – Hellmuth vs. Koon Heads-Up

Do you have any thoughts on the hand in question? Would you play the hand differently?

2-800x447.png

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Learning from watching a pro play is a double edged sword. What works for them might not work for you. Like the article says the pros even think differently than the vast majority of players. It is also easier to be wiser in retrospect so adding a third person to analyze it all makes things only more complicated.

Is there something to be learned from this? Not necessarily.

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can learn how to handle ranges

D

DaMooca

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Despite the Ace on the flop, with his hand I think it's best to really check on this flop. Any card he has in clubs he probably won't fold. And then there's the 6 and the 7 which are connected cards.
And when another spade hit on the turn, it turned sour for good.
So the best thing to do I think is to control the pot size, and get it to showdown as cheaply as possible.
It's a way to play the hand, I don't know if it's the best way to play this hand. :)

Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think this challenge was HU, but even so, I've followed Phill H. in tournament coverage, and we can see in practice, plays with tribet ligth and how to put opponent players in ranges.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's always astonishing to see how they think about opponents range vs their range. Most of the time I am on autopilot and end up playing ABC poker.