What you do in this situation?

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would pass, your opponent could have A with bigger kicker so... you can wait for better hand I think..

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold! Wait for something way better.

J

japg11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is an ICM question
If you have not tried ICMizer2 you can put your hand and the ranks of the villain in equilab and see your equity.
But remember that you need more equity in these spots because the chips you win are not worth as much as the ones you lose!
AQ + 99 + would seem like a range to pay in this spot.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's an easy fold.

If the table folds to you and wanted to move in with A5 - that is one thing.

But calling a shove that would cripple you if you lose and probably not cash in the tournament? …..Easy fold.

He should have a bigger A - a pair - or at least QJ KQ suited. There is not a good reason to gamble with A5 near the bubble.

Even if you win the hand, you can find a better spot to double up.

Good luck !

Freeman748

Freeman748

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
tournaments

I think that in this situation it would be better to throw this hand pre-flop, and wait for a more suitable situation. Good luck to all!

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really depends on how tight the player is.... if they have been REALLY TIGHT at the late stages where they have been in push fold range for a while.... and havent been stealing blinds often I could see a fold.... mathematically this is NEVER a fold

FernA9ndo

FernA9ndo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold, we need a hand with more equity to make the call and short stack on the button will shove all pairs, any Ace suited that will have better odds to win the hand, at best of situations will be a coin flip against an under pair or worst against aces with better kickers.