• Start date
M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i just finish a game, but there is one hand that gets me doubt, 6 players, remains the last two included me, the table is 357J and i have 55, the opponent go all in, i fold...what would you do?

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
position? preflop flop turn betting story? stack size? history? coffee/tea?

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
two raise of 60-120, last hand he 1300 chips, me 1250.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ah!...no chance of flush...

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sorry y forgot 357JQ

A

AviCKter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
position? preflop flop turn betting story? stack size? history? coffee/tea?

Some tea would be nice. Thank you! :D

i just finish a game, but there is one hand that gets me doubt, 6 players, remains the last two included me, the table is 357J and i have 55, the opponent go all in, i fold...what would you do?

What he meant was the complete action. Like before getting dealt a hand, pre-flop action, etc.
Copy-paste the hand-history, so we could see.

G

gyibe

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Suits? Betting situation prior to him shoving? I'd have a hard time folding trips, but with that board and a bit more information I don't think you made the wrong decision.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
one hand that gets me doubt, 6 players, remains the last two included me, the table is 357JQ and i have 55, the opponent go all in, i fold
No chance of flush...
All story...

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it was necessary to play until the end. The raise was not very big. Here one more is not known. Which one and whose was pre-flop raise? What is the importance of the tournament?

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that it was necessary to go to the end. The set is a very good combination, and in your case the set should be protected to the end.

rckstr2b

rckstr2b

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
one hand that gets me doubt, 6 players, remains the last two included me, the table is 357JQ and i have 55, the opponent go all in, i fold
No chance of flush...
All story...

With only this information and not assuming anything else, I’m calling the shove every time. Now if this person is a Nitty TAG, I may find a fold......someday..haha

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No chance of flush...
All story...
preflop raise is 120 on 60/30 blinds?

did the flop turn river goes check check shove?

are we out of position?

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since I didn't see anything on the suits of the board cards. Then the best he is representing would be a straight (again depending on the suited cards on the board). I would gamble and follow him all in.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would really like to know what the action was preflop and on each street. If he just tossed out a big all in on the end after checking it down ( not that I would have let that happen) I would call. If he is calling bets all the way and then sticks it in, I fold.

F

Forbesy604

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think calling is out of the question at all in this situation.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Geez, this thread is a mess.

OP repost the HH in its entirety, except for the results.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no, in the preflop he raise from 30, to 60, it was 15/30 blinds, after the flop, raise 120 more, and in the last hand, all in.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So much depends on the other guy's tendencies. A lot of people do those piddly little raises pre-flop with big AX hands. Some (not many) will do it with a low pair or suited gappers like 64. Most big pairs will either limp or raise more than 2BB.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i see that no only AX, QJ, KQ, etc. When they have 2, they bet all in...thats really annoying...

taurusix

taurusix

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i see that no only AX, QJ, KQ, etc. When they have 2, they bet all in...thats really annoying...
Marcelo, as many people mentioned here, you should provide more details for this hand so that readers could analyze and help you with their advice.
Was your opponent a loose or tight player? Your position and each board card with their suit? May be there were many one-suited cards on the flop and after? Etc. etc.
If one half of High School field are decent players, another half is still full of fishes and other forms of weird players. If the board was dry, i think calling all-in is not a bad idea at all. I dont think your opp had JJ or higher, and hitting a set is usually strong enough to go for a full stack.
Next time, just try to give as much information as possible, and no doubt you will get very useful advice in this forum to improve your game [emoji111]