What is the worst starting hand in poker?

S

SKav

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
for me obviously the usual 7-2 8-2 9-2 off suit.

one hand that I find not bad but always seems to get me into trouble is Q J, just my luck but I never seem to hit a straight and someone always seems to hit the K or A lol

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me obviously the usual 7-2 8-2 9-2 off suit.

one hand that I find not bad but always seems to get me into trouble is Q J, just my luck but I never seem to hit a straight and someone always seems to hit the K or A lol

I agree. any low off suit set that has no possible chance to make a straight with (numbers separated by more than 3?)

most of the time low pairs are deadly too as you have less odds of landing a third on the flop and thats the only way to win if your pocket pair is really low (you could bluff) lol i dont advise bluffing much though...

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For some reason when I see J3o I fold it more quickly even from 72:dontknow:

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
worst

i belive that the worst hand to start with is 7 2

W

west28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it has to be 7 2 off... would be the worse hand to play starting a tournament.

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obsessed with statistics will tell you that the worst starting hand in poker is 2 7 different suits, and they can provide you with a ton of computer models to prove you are right. Talking realists will resist and argue that the worst cards in poker are any hands that end in two, and will be happy to demonstrate ruined accounts to confirm this.

Ropa

Ropa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like Lex said commenting PS Super High Roller "Worst starting hand is 9-5". But everyone likes to chop pot lol . :)

W

whosdaboss25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
72 is without a doubt the wosrt hand in poker even though I see people playing it and hitting big flops with it all the time. Just to show how big a donk they are. I see some people win some hugh tourney pots with it hitting full boats or trips with it all the time beating out AA and other premium hands that least expect it. When people play that dreaded 72 OS and hit the flop.

great_young

great_young

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
One hand I usually don't like is 10-5 Off.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate hands like 62, 72,82 and other hands that doesn't suit

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands