what are the typical mistakes beginners poker?

liverpool52

liverpool52

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is a great number of hands and problems with psychology and what else do you know?

zubastik

zubastik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if it's a fish,it's a common mistake to go all-in with any card,rookie makes the standard error, comes with a small kicker,if you see several such entries in the single player game,this novice,catch the monster and defeat it

Zhendos

Zhendos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the big mistake of the beginner, it to make the deposit and to go on high limits))

P

Poker247

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing too high stakes right off the bat, playing too many hands out of position, poor bankroll management.

S

sellless

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thinking: 'Ooh, look, it's an ace [with an unsuited, non-connector]! No one can stop me now!'

;)

S

Sacredoro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The number one mistake beginning poker players make is that they play far too many hands. When you're just starting out playing poker, you want to play poker, and that means staying in hands that aren't very good just to be part of the action. But playing more doesn't mean winning more, it usually means losing more. If you find you're staying in on half or more of the hands you're dealt, you need to upgrade your starting hand requirements.

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think one of the worst mistake a beginning player can make is to start learning the game after they have lost everything and on tilt so bad they don't know what to do next. Many will come here and believe anything from they are a big loser to the poker site has to be rigged or they won't let them win because they hate him/her. Poker has a way of mixing up your mind if you let it. Well we are here when they come needing advice. I was on tilt so bad when I came here, that I had no chose, but to believe and use every bit of advice I could get, and I'm glad I did.

4soul

4soul

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The big mistake from a beginner is to win big! That will ruin his entire carrer....if he want a carrer in poker....

Dunc8b

Dunc8b

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thinking: 'Ooh, look, it's an ace [with an unsuited, non-connector]! No one can stop me now!'

;)
:eek: Me? Play like that? :eek:

I have to admit that in my early days I was that player. And for far too long as well. I think I must have been very lucky a few times and thought it was a strong starting pair. I know better now, but still need to eliminate the thought "maybe this time" from my game. I don't unless getting short stacked in an MTT and getting desperate and losing patience to wait for a better starting pair. I'm working on it.

D

Diesss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Limping everything, donk bets, calling/shoving with every Ax they hold.

N

nyolcas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the beginners have two major mistakes. They want to see too many flops for cheap. That's why they are limping too much. They could be too tight and they are waiting for AA.

Emixilian

Emixilian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The biggest mistake (this apply for me too) is bankroll managment. I think its very important to manage your money and buy in in tournaments that suits for you .

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Young players want to see lots of flops. I can remember at the beginning of study the game of poker. A further some error on a bluff. They do not know how to do it, but I still do it many times. Play on aces with a small kicker. Not are patient. I have statistics on the flop 1 been browse 10 folds before the flop.

L

Leslie Barnfather

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I started playing(3 years ago), I did not read the board to see what other players may have. If I had a set, I would bet and get called by flush and straight draws. I lost a lot of money in my first month. After reading books/watching videos I do not make this mistake any more.

Last edited:
Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think playing any ace, even from UTG

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Basic mistakes is thinking that poker is a simply game and its easy to play it and make money

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel beginners play too many hands and too passively. They will chase too often and spend much more in chips over time then the make when they do hit. They also seem to be oblivious to using their position at the table.

widron2s

widron2s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly, bet sizing is the biggest mistake noobies make. You have to figure out how to bet against the regulars and when you see someone making the same bet like limit in a no limit game it's pretty obvious he's new