What Table to start with

KumaPuma

KumaPuma

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i only got 10€ on pokerstars at the moment and am fairly new to playing with real money.
What would you guys recommend to start with to build a bankroll?
Sit n Go , 6 max cash or full ring ? (yes ofc freerolls on the side as well :p )

10€is not really enough to start out i know but its all i could put in without missing it

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play small stakes tournies, satellites, and sit-n-gos

I'm sure you've got a wide range of options on PS. If I were playing with 10 I would go into the highest stakes table I could, play for about an hour and bust out. I don't think you should do that.

If you're used to playing freerolls, I would recommend low-stakes sit-n-gos. Treat the sit-n-go as the final table of a freeroll and you should do well because their players will have about the same skill level.

If you're interested in tournaments, I would recommend investing no more that 1/10th of your bankroll at a time. This gives you 10 chances to take home a payday before you bust out. If you don't make a payday after 2 or 3 tournies, I'd go back to sit-n-gos.

Cash games should only be played at .01/.02 stakes if possible. Cash games are much different than poker tournies. Vaguely similar to rebuy tournies, but the thing is in cash games people can buy in big and bully you, or they can have the mentality of "I don't care I'll just rebuy". You don't get that in tournies or sit-n-gos.

Well, hope that helps, and if it does, let me know. Maybe I can some day have the discipline to follow my own advice.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Play at the lowest rates (nl2) and carefully select the table.

KumaPuma

KumaPuma

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I guess ill try with a few sit n go`s first then because i cant choose the Cash table because of stupid state law where i am at in germany :( i can only sit at a random table.
But well Sit n Go`s are fun anyway :p

thx for the tips

T

TryTo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$0.1,0.25,0.5 slow/regular SnGs are good for the start. 45-180 players. Or $0.11-0.22 tournaments. Very weak field, much of game for small money (unlike NL2 cash).

8CrazyEights8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jackpockt $0,01+R freeroll... and if you like cash game, play zoom $1 SB0,01 BB0,02.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
yeah, I would only buy into a 1.euro tournament or play the lowest table stakes at the ring games. win some more on the freerolls.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would stay away from the lowest stake cash games. Just too much variance and people playing hands just because. I would stick to sit and go tourneys and play cash once you have enough to play even a slightly higher cash table where players take things more seriously, stick around longer and give you a chance to feel them out.

bmw13

bmw13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
try play freerolls if you want to start something have 100$ at least.

KumaPuma

KumaPuma

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thx my bankroll is not at 52,38€ :p i fell to 6$ played a School Pass turney on PS won a 7$ Spin n go ticket from it and won 42$ in the spin and go :)
And ill keep grinding now and hope i reach 100€soon so i can play 5$NL

KumaPuma

KumaPuma

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
little update 65,32€ is my new BR :p was a good day i can not lie

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On microlimits you can play MTT, sit - go and other games with low buy-ins...

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i suggest you try all types of micro stakes games, see where you like more/win more and stick to it. if you have low bankroll jackpot freerolls and low buy-in sng like 0.10/0.25 offer a good start to begin with. also, you can try cash games with 2$ buy-in.