What style of game should I choose if there are constantly garbage cards?

Borataylor

Borataylor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually think-"It's just not my day,the next game will be better."So it turns out.But maybe there is some way, style that can improve this game?The topic could be called- " How not to start making mistakes during a long period of inactivity at the table?".

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you are consistently getting garbage cards, you can either try to increase your bluffs and play more GTO-style or otherwise pack it in and maybe try some other day. I would suggest the latter. Maybe switch to another poker site and see how you do there before you call it a day.

W

wizcup

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually think-"It's just not my day,the next game will be better."So it turns out.But maybe there is some way, style that can improve this game?The topic could be called- " How not to start making mistakes during a long period of inactivity at the table?".

Have you tried playing small ball poker? Try to minimal bet pre flop. Someone raise, you fold. If someone raising often, probably he's bluffing and you start play super tight. Wait until you had chance.

Or you can tried to be tighter. Just wait until you have good hand and raise as usual. If you're worry to start making mistake, then don't make one. Patience is key. You may lose some bigblinds or ante but once you have the chance the profit is better than the amount you lose.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
A patient and 'tight' one... ;)

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suggest folding a lot and hoping for situations in which your opponents give you the pot odds you need to see a flop with weak hole cards profitably...

The next really good hand can be just 1 hand away... so don't burn your stack trying to force lady luck to dance with you...

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Keep folding or play on another day. I usually have 1 to 3 good days a month and about 26 bad days of poker a month.

Top 10 Games