What strategy do you use against a constant caller?

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. What strategy do you use when you are up against one other player, you are to his right, leading the betting. No matter what you do and in spite of what you bet the other continues to call. If you check the other bets. If you bet, they call. You are in mid-position, mid-stack, against a person of the same size stack. The board has a Kc7h2s. My hole cards are Kh8d. What would you do?
:listen:

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shove and shove again only if you got the cards to beat him though...

but yes just up your aggression... dont let him know it bothers you though or he'll play on it until he has no more blinds left lol

Stop when the fun stops or when your Blinds run out:eek::eek:

darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not bluff, enter only with a strong hand. When you have the nuts place a big bet.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. What strategy do you use when you are up against one other player, you are to his right, leading the betting. No matter what you do and in spite of what you bet the other continues to call. If you check the other bets. If you bet, they call. You are in mid-position, mid-stack, against a person of the same size stack. The board has a Kc7h2s. My hole cards are Kh8d. What would you do?
There are not many places where I would play K8os but against the player type you describe(And I have played against those types before), the K8os is usually good.
Depending on the individual, some will risk as much as 1/3 of their stack just to see a flop and some will continue to call after the flop with as little as a backdoor draw.
Just tighten up and punish the calling stations.

B1731898

B1731898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with previous posts. Be patient, and shove when you know you have the better hand. How often is that? That is where you have to draw from your skill. Shove on him EVERY time you feel you have a better hand.

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Got them all the time I'm just waiting for my chance
Yesterday playing cash games got one and the same player on different tables and on all that three tables I manage take hole entire bankroll from him. So just be patient and wait for best hand where you can beat him

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Call and bet if it is checked to you. Raise if necessary on the turn to charge for straight and flush draws.

Good luck !

odo333

odo333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The opponent probably plays to upset you, or he is just angry and everything is fine. You have to wait for a good card and then it will calm down. However, the hand you write about would calmly bet, but not somehow extraordinary.

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. how do you manage to shove this thread in this part of the forum? LUL
2. valuebet and overfold

juninhigh

juninhigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Against calling stations:
-Do not bluff, check-raise, slowplay (most of the times it will be useless against them).
- They have a style that is exploitable, try to go after them with valuable betting
- Usually they're loose passive, so certifies that you have the best hand to large size bets.

M

MadMan999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play vs auto caller, play with good starting hands and if you got good flop make a bet. If not play more passive.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Against calling stations:
-Do not bluff, check-raise, slowplay (most of the times it will be useless against them).
- They have a style that is exploitable, try to go after them with valuable betting
- Usually they're loose passive, so certifies that you have the best hand to large size bets.

I agree with everything here except one concept - never slow play your big hands vs them - if they are calling off everything you definitely want to get their money in there while you have the goods. I was facing exactly what you are describing last night in an ACR $1.50 SNG.

I love having a player or 2 like that at my table, they just cant help but to give away their chips. Anyhow, it was still early, i was up around 2k from a 1500 start, my villan is around 1200 and i open from the CO with :ks4::qs4: as per the usual, he calls. And the flop is pretty good for me...

:as4::jh4::10s4:

I cbet - as i normally do in position - sized to around 60% pot and like a dream player does, he jams on me with :ad4::5s4:

Needless to say i stacked him quickly, and went on to win said SNG. :)

I love players like this, i just cant get enough of them. You should too. Take advantage of them, recognize their range is almost any 2 cards, pick your moments and MAX value your strong hands

rikisrakis

rikisrakis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Calling stations are probably the most straightforward opponents to play against. It's as simple as never trying to bluff them, and only betting when you are strong. Their range is wide enough that connecting reasonably well is almost always going to be good, and you can gradually start overbetting more and more to extract a ton of value out of them. But do not try to bluff them, ever, period.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
make him pay every time u get good holdings and dont get frustrated and get caught when he has a good hand be patient

S

Stormforge

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with everything here except one concept - never slow play your big hands vs them - if they are calling off everything you definitely want to get their money in there while you have the goods. I was facing exactly what you are describing last night in an ACR $1.50 SNG.

I love having a player or 2 like that at my table, they just cant help but to give away their chips. Anyhow, it was still early, i was up around 2k from a 1500 start, my villan is around 1200 and i open from the CO with :ks4::qs4: as per the usual, he calls. And the flop is pretty good for me...

:as4::jh4::10s4:

I cbet - as i normally do in position - sized to around 60% pot and like a dream player does, he jams on me with :ad4::5s4:

Needless to say i stacked him quickly, and went on to win said SNG. :)

I love players like this, i just cant get enough of them. You should too. Take advantage of them, recognize their range is almost any 2 cards, pick your moments and MAX value your strong hands

Calling stations are my absolute FAVORITE.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually beginning players Very tough to stone cold bluff I wouldn’t semi bluff either but if you hit at the river bet big

John Turnner

John Turnner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

When you know what a caller is sitting behind you, why do you open from middle position with K8o?
You have to pay for mistakes)))
You need to wait for the moment, catch trips or higher (think what hands are suitable).

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cheap showdowns with decent hands that have showdown value.
Value bet more with my big hands and draws that hit.

Stop bluffing.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You want to play more strong hands against a constant caller. I usually start a little weak to give the idea that I'll raise and then fold in later streets. Then when you see that player that calls everything, lay the trap and when you hit the nuts, get all their chips.

P

PeedroZack

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bet high on draws spots, 3 barrel strategy, and play more value against them

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you!

Hello. I appreciate all the advice that you folks have given. My belief is that you are the pros, love the game and are willing to jump in there when each of us have questions. I understand that playing K8o against an auto-caller is questionable as a mid position open. It was an example of numerous situations I run into that are similiar, but not necessarily that hand.

Looks like value comes up a lot. With a value hand, such as KQo and as the middle opener should I:
Get to the flop cheap?
Double bet and a half?
All-In?

The flop comes with K72 and having KQo, I bet X1 BB? X2?

The auto-caller calls.

The turn comes with X card. I check. The auto-caller bets X1? X2?

Should I take the shot or fold?

I should have this in another forum, but not sure how to move the thread. Shucks.

Thanks to all for your input!

Dan'O Rookie
:D :five: