what are some things that affect your game and how did you get over it?

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for example, and this might be silly, but i realize that seeing my bankroll go down tends to affect my game a bit. i built my recent bankroll from $25 to $225, but seeing it go down to $215, $205, etc does affect how i play. while i don't chase my losses, i might be a bit more timid in situations i know should play because they're +ev because i don't want to see my bankroll go down even more.

so, i started transferring most of my bankroll into my sports betting wallet (betonline) and keeping $11 in my account for micro-stakes mtts. if i need to reload, i will. while the value is the same, seeing an $11 bankroll drop down doesn't have the same negative affect as seeing a $225 bankroll drop. i'm more mentally focused on my game and proper decision making because bankroll concern and worry is no longer there. on top of that, it's a much bigger confidence booster if i am able to increase $11 to $50 on a big run than it is to increase $225 to $265, even if it's the same amount.

this is probably a mental leak in my game and i know i shouldn't be focused on losing x-amount of buy-ins. but it does affect me and this is how i got over it.

also, $11 has no special reason for why i chose it. i just like how the number looks.

Last edited:
Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello.

You are right -a decrease in the bankroll greatly affects the psychological state and, in general, the level of the game.But do not get upset - after all, this is a signal for identifying your mistakes-analyzing the game according to programs or hiring a coach.Good luck!

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even if It reduces the bankroll a little, I don't think it's a good idea to do something about it.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't worry about my bankroll,i let the poker gods take care of it.;) I play my best in games that matter and have fun with the rest,,, at the end of the day,it's just a game,and their are more pressing matters,,,like family,friends and the pursuit of happiness. :icon_flow

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
What a brilliant way of fixing your problem by recognizing a different way to reduce your own stress! That's awesome! I might have to consider doing something like that too because watching my bankroll go down for sure affects my game as well.

D

dannixo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
even after all these years tilt still gets to me and ruin my bankrolls :/ I need to fix that leak

Top 10 Games