What size bankroll do you need to win at poker

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The amount does not matter as much as you know how to manage your bank !!!

E

effece

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no doubt the size of the bank is decisive, often be conditioned by the scarce money that we have leads us to play under pressure, and make mistakes that end up leaving us in 000. to what is established in the various books and articles of study as bank initial as we play, we should add something else.

debriz

debriz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on your experience in poker but for me I want atleast 100 buy-in.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Win at poker is not a matter of size of your bankroll. Your bankroll usually will have ups and downs, sometimes bigger, other times smaller, at any face of the game!

Mini1380

Mini1380

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any bankroll will do u just need to figure out if it's a hobby or job. If it's a hobby I would recommend 1/20th of ur bank roll max and if it's a job only gamble 1/60th of ur bank roll

T

Tricktappic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The size of the bankroll won't help you win/lose more or less. HOWEVER, choosing the right bankroll size can help with factors such as tilt. For me, I play with 100 buy ins for cash (huge bankroll nit) and if I have a 5 -10 buyin downswing, it doesn't really affect me. Wheres if I played with 30 buy ins and took a more aggressive apprach, I'd probably turn into a tilt monkey losing 5-10 buy ins in a session. It all depends how you handle the swings imho.

B

BetterNot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a bigger bankroll only helps you with taking a losing streak and still being able to play. It shouldnt change the way you're playing. If you dont like losing those amounts you should maybe tighten your range or try playing at lower tables

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ответ

100$ is a normal bankroll to play tournaments 1,2,3$ it personally may opinion.

A

AlexTheOwl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
20 Buy-ins for whatever game you play is the standard recommendation.

TeUnit makes a good point that this depends on the game you are playing. The original post seems to be asking about $1/$2 live. 20 Buy-ins is the typical recommendation for this game.

As some posters have implied, most players are not winning players over the long term. So for most players, the answer to this question:

"What size bankroll do you need to win at poker?"

is that an infinite bankroll is not enough.

If you are not a winning player yet, play the smallest stakes you can find, don't bet more than you can afford, and make sure you are spending a lot of time studying poker.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management