What’s your biggest leak in poker ?

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
mine is slowing playing the nuts at the flop and then having the villain catch me at the turn or river and I still call when I know I’m beat
I get anger at myself for calling. Then tilt more

I have to remind myself that If I do the all in strategy at the flop and get called
the villain will still bad beat me
However bad I feel in those two scenario, the later one hurts just a bit less but I not as tilted as much cools me down and I can recover a bit faster

The slow play strategy I do more when I’m in the tournaments as I know I can get away from it and fold it I sense I’m beat. I just can’t do it at a cash game.

great_young

great_young

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
There was a period of time when I exeperienced the same. I know the feeling. What's bothering me now is low self-esteem. That's for let's say 2 weeks. I need a good winning to return the good feeling that I'm in the game and I rule it.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My Biggest Leak is "little to No Aggression, for some reason I'm not using Aggression in position either...

I suppose I'll just keep managing the hands I'm dealt and try pushing off these confidence issues it seems i still have...

S

Shep15jon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get pushed off pots too easily sometimes, thinking I’m making a good fold and playing tight when in reality I’m just up against the opposite - an aggressive and loose player that tries to punch people off a pot the only have a small price of. The amount of times I’ve folded a good hand because the betting tells me someone has a stronger hands, only to find I was always ahead....!

G

Gambit123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Late games tournaments, I think I get to tight never liked the push or fold

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Perhaps the biggest leak in my poker tournaments is in the initial phase I play well, but in later stages become too aggressive and attack and lose. I wonder if someone has the same problem.:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
SirLongbottom

SirLongbottom

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
....really gotta learn how to use pt4 to the fullest to get all this information

but id say my biggest leak, or problem really, is my sizing's on certain boards/turns against specific players and what position im in...but id say sizing in general, but i feel like i know what to do ~70% of the time with my sizing in most positions

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to try to hero call more often than I should. Considering I play micro stakes, this simply isn't smart poker and I know it most of the time...I'm usually better off staying patient and waiting for a better spot. Being right on a hero call is so much fun though, I feel like I have to try every so often.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mine is losing patience later on in a tournament. I have to keep reminding myself that I can wait for my spot to take the next pot.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience. I have a hair damn trigger when it comes to tourneys and heck sometimes even cash. If I'm at a table where people take FORFRIGGINEVER to think and overanalyze every damn hand to make a call I get anxious and just start getting super Agro.

hachile1

hachile1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mine is slowing playing the nuts at the flop and then having the villain catch me at the turn or river and I still call when I know I’m beat
I get anger at myself for calling. Then tilt more

I have to remind myself that If I do the all in strategy at the flop and get called
the villain will still bad beat me
However bad I feel in those two scenario, the later one hurts just a bit less but I not as tilted as much cools me down and I can recover a bit faster

The slow play strategy I do more when I’m in the tournaments as I know I can get away from it and fold it I sense I’m beat. I just can’t do it at a cash game.

in these cases the technique is alterable according to the opponent and his style of games, if you are afraid of being beaten on the river and that your opponent is of the careful kind, you must take advantage and put all in for him to give up, but if your opponent is risking you should not bet much and wait to see what the river will give
it's my opinion it's not a general rule :)

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my biggest leak is to fold,as you many times i know im lousing but the idea off been bluff make me call and louse a lot.

Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
when I reach the tables with prizes I stop playing carefully and start playing aggressively. and often lose my entire bank.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I also have similar problems in cash games. Therefore, I made a decision and no longer play cash games. I play only in tournaments. Due to this, I ceased to lose, and I even managed to increase my bankroll.

hachile1

hachile1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when I reach the tables with prizes I stop playing carefully and start playing aggressively. and often lose my entire bank.

you do not have to play totally aggressive or totally cautious, I think it depends on the table and your opponents, it's a matter of situation and position, if you have an advantage in the table by having plenty of chips you can play aggressive. also if you have too careful opponents you can ditto play aggressive. Obviously you must not lose the chips every time

Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
you do not have to play totally aggressive or totally cautious, I think it depends on the table and your opponents, it's a matter of situation and position, if you have an advantage in the table by having plenty of chips you can play aggressive. also if you have too careful opponents you can ditto play aggressive. Obviously you must not lose the chips every time

Yes. I totally agree with you. but 90% of the games where I reach the prizes I fly out very early. I tried to control myself this did not help:)

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

My biggest leak is getting a high pocket pair kings or aces at the beginning and losing your buy in right away. Since everyone is equal at the beginning of the tournament shouldn't high hand go to the best pockets. There really is no way to tell who wins the first twenty hands. You haven't watched the flop good enough so you don't know witch cards are coming. You haven't set the bet where approximately where the dealer button is when you usually hit a hand. So it makes sense in the first twenty hands it goes to the best hole cards.

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Turbinaria tournaments I don't like the blinds are constantly pushing you and it's impossible to play accurately.

WiredKs

WiredKs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get pushed off pots too easily sometimes, thinking I’m making a good fold and playing tight when in reality I’m just up against the opposite - an aggressive and loose player that tries to punch people off a pot the only have a small price of. The amount of times I’ve folded a good hand because the betting tells me someone has a stronger hands, only to find I was always ahead....!

Me too. I'm never short on reasons why I'm no good here. If I think long enough I'll convince myself I'm against the nuts. Scared money I think.

VisionNutz

VisionNutz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my leak is having to read these idiotic articles.

Why are you telling people your leaks? In a game, where its almost all about edge??

VisionNutz

VisionNutz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heres a tip. Dont talk about your leaks. Youre most likely a beginner and running the freerolls CC happily and generously sets up.

but if you get to high levels.. I officially just won some pots off every donkey who thought it was a bright to share theor weaknesses in the game of poker...

Find a group of friends amd discuss, instead of putting it all up on the forums to exploit.

I've played and ran a roll from 200 to 10k.

Did not read any CC "advice" lol. You gotta thinknon higher levels.

Now sure, you can write a fake weakness and play that game but experiemced players will figure you out in about 5 orbits.

M

MadMan999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play very aggressively at boards with straight draw when I have 2 pairs/set or when at board straight draw I don't see it.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This happen to me again last night. I should have raise on the turn with the bits but Villian was beating into me and I held off the raise on the river and he caught it in the river and I knew he was bluffing all the way until he the river.
I was playing late and was tired and this happens after playing 8 hours straight at night following another 8 hours of work during the day.
I will never try to play on the weekdays after work. My game is leaky when I’m tired and sleepy.
My best results are during the day when I’m well rested and I can be more agressive

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chasing straights followed by playing out of position.