What play style should i look to play against?

N

Newqy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider myself to be a tight aggressive player what style should i be looking to play against

M

matiascecci1990

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider that the style of play should not be rigid. You must change it according to the type of tournament and the different stages inside it.

It's not the same as having a big stack, rather than a short stack.
It is not the same to be in the Bubble, in the Beginning, or in the Final Table.

You should also consider your position on the table, in reference to the big stack and short stack.

Your style is the one you apply maybe at the beginning, but if you want to win you have to learn to reinvent yourself according to the moments of the game.

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PLaying against loose passive players would be the ideal player for you to play against, considering they would be throwing out their money and rarely ever raising up the pot. This would put you in control of the pot and basically dominate most hands. But unfortunately it would rarely be a case where all the players at the table match this description so you have to learn to play against all types of players. GL sir

Svyat66556

Svyat66556

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Should know that a tight aggressive game with the total number of rivals, not exceeding 6 people, impossible. It's simple: a regular payment of the blinds in poker can lead to the fact that the player will become a bankrupt.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
someone who is also tight and aggressive

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that in cash games you can earn more if you play more quietly with a good card, then the rival having caught a weak hand, he will give his stack!

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I consider myself to be a tight aggressive player what style should i be looking to play against

TAG is good for a default style, but you really need to adapt to actual game conditions. Often, you'll be in there with players who aren't tight/passive (the ideal opponent for a TAG game). You need to get a line on their play, figure out likely ranges, and play against those ranges.

That might mean playing back at the aggro player with hands you wouldn't otherwise consider for a 3!. If you're in a situation where you need to stop the robbery with light 3-bets, you need to be ready to defend light and/or 4! light. This can increase variance, but it must be done as letting them continuously rob you is also very -EV. If you're ahead of their ranges, you'll get the money eventually.

J

Jacob123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Try and find poker tables with loose players, and hit them hard with big hands. Although be careful not to get caught out with your aggression and reluctance to fold good hands.

warface

warface

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In tournaments and cash games different tactics are needed, in long tournaments if there is no hurry at the early stage, everything is done quickly in the zoom, so that you choose where you'd rather play.

DomGov

DomGov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should get the book "Kill Everyone". By Elky.

It goes over this subject very well.. which style beats which style, etc.

There's even little diagrams and whatnot.

Vlad symrak

Vlad symrak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
n any case, tactics, experience should be varied and over time will apply not one, but several, depending on situation and tactics.!!!