what to play if you have 5$ laying around?

option

• Total voters
P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
what if the 5$ are not in your bank, but on a poker site, and min withdraw is 50$?
Even if its $50, its still not going nowhere.
It wont really change how or what i play.
Just means I'm not as bothered when i don't make the bubble.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To answer the question as asked - 100% i would be looking for a $4.40 bounty tournament to get max value for my money.

K

khalef1980

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
TN
Chips
I need some advaice for freeroll tournament till now i never win .

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
go buy some ice cream to enjoy some football, can´t do much with 5$ at poker lol

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Easy, if I would have some more bankroll I would play the $5 tourney.
If I had not another bankroll, I would play for example the 40c SNGs at 888 or he $1 games at other rooms.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi
The options you offer indicate that you do not have an understanding of the bankroll management system. At least for me, such bankroll management is not acceptable :)

Normino

Normino

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if its poker stars they use to have .25 cent 45 man sit in goes , 1ST gets u 3 or 4 bucks your bound to win a few before you spend your whole $5

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Do we seriously need to be talking about bank roll management at $5? Go play some poker. The more the better, so 5 MTTs (or SnGs) to have a better chance of cashing than a single bullet. Play some freerolls on the side. Fill out some surveys and earn some pocket change to get a real bankroll if you can't afford to fund it the normal way. One day you'll be 70 years old celebrating how you did good with bank roll management of $20 or less..

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
I prefer to play with the highest probability of winning, which tells me that 5x1USD is the best option, however there are certain schedule when I can find tables with a buy-in of $4.5 or $5.00 and without many players, which indicates that my probability of reaching a prize increases.

gillbates21

gillbates21

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Hi
The options you offer indicate that you do not have an understanding of the bankroll management system. At least for me, such bankroll management is not acceptable :)
hi! its not about bankroll... its a theoretical one time choice question, 5$ was chosen to stay the micro-range. if you need to set yourself a bankroll to even answer, just choose it accordingly.

Last edited:
gillbates21

gillbates21

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
to all the bankroll nazis: in this thought exercise 5$ isn't the total bankroll, its just a number to stay in the micro-range and options are in the poll.
the aim is to see what ppl prefer, 1 big bullet or 5 smaller ones.
The goal of poker is usually the same for everybody, to try to make more back than you put in, duh.

F

FrizzaoR

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think you can invest this money to play as many games as you can in tournments.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After all, it will be a freeroll. If there is a $0.10 tournament, that's fine too...