What is the order of the strongest cards to start the game?

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
the strongest cards are preflop AA but they don't guarantee you a win either

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should search the Internet for the strongest hand range to start playing poker. First you must know the rank of the cards and then the bets, positions, etc.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I want to be a more aggressive player, but I don't know what are the strongest pre-flop cards
It is obvious that you are a beginner. I do not recommend beginners to play aggressively, because it usually leads to losses. It is better for beginners to be patient and play only with strong cards.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
search for range of hands , try to train push and fold , it will help you to get an idea of the hands with the best probabilities... of course this training is just the beginning

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I want to be a more aggressive player, but I don't know what are the strongest pre-flop cards
Controlled aggression would be more desirable goal to work toward, strength of starting hand matters, but there are other factors that should be considered. You might give some thought to trying some of CC's free poker classes and/or browsing the learning poker section. Good luck.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the situation at the time. Not limited to high cards.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Oh gosh! :D

Aggression is very important in poker...

Far more important is knowing when and how to use that aggression.

Preflop starting ranges from different positions are a great area to begin studying poker strategy.

That being said, there is a massive gulf between 'starting hand rankings' and 'winning pots with aggression'... :giggle:

Not advisable to try and go straight from crawling to running without learning how to walk in between!

My advice would be to try and learn as much about poker strategy as you can, practice it and see what works.

You could perhaps check CardsChat's free training course out:

Become a winning poker player in 30 days

If you just wait for top starting hands and then go hell for leather with maximum aggression, you will be very disappointed! :)

Sometimes you might win, sure, occasionally you might even win a big pot.

Most of the time however, you will either scare away all value and only win tiny pots or worse, completely stack off to hands which outdraw you.

Fair warning! ❤️

You have found CardsChat, trust me, it's a magical poker place!

Don't rush, take your time and pay attention- you can learn everything you need here to be able to hold your own (and more) at the tables. ;) (y)

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
If you want to be more aggressive, try to widen up your chart (starting hands) and add some bluff to them, for example in the BB seat you can 3-bet more often vs late position opening CO and BU with premium hands like AA, KK, QQ ,AK but also with A2-5s and medium suited connectors 65, 76, 87, 98.
But remember don't do that vs early position opening UTG and MP you could be in trouble.

treblek1

treblek1

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AA ofc :D but all monsters hand good,and suited even better

W

Was1969

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
An aggressive player plays aggressively with any cards, this is the highest class. This is an alloy of foresight, "reading" the players, experience and a special psychological attitude.

offeron

offeron

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Study the charts of the starting hands, and you will understand how to play the preflop depending on the position.

Top 10 Games