What makes u a good player!!

B

B E Z ON ME

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I've been playing cards since before I can remember and poker for atleast 17 years now my girl who was a 4.0 student and now a registered nurse practitioner I taught to play a year ago.she still plays timid and tight but since we have been playing betonline poker for the last month I haven't maid a freeroll final table yet and she only not made the money once.i know I'm a better player and my reads are better and my understanding of the game is better.i play a lil more aggressive than her though.so should I just be playing top 5 hands in tourneys

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So I've been playing cards since before I can remember and poker for atleast 17 years now my girl who was a 4.0 student and now a registered nurse practitioner I taught to play a year ago.she still plays timid and tight but since we have been playing betonline poker for the last month I haven't maid a freeroll final table yet and she only not made the money once.i know I'm a better player and my reads are better and my understanding of the game is better.i play a lil more aggressive than her though.so should I just be playing top 5 hands in tourneys

Thank U 4 Posting

Doyle Brunson once said "anyone can win at NL for a couple of years". That is so true, variance and card distribution play such a major role in the short term.

With that said there are two points you may wish to consider.

First is are you playing to win the tournament vs cash it? The style timid and tight will get to min cash a lot but if the pay out is $1 for min and $20 for first $14 for second and $10 for third if you fail 17 times to cash but take top 3 3 times you will have made $54 vs $20 for 20 min cashes.
So if you are pushing your edges correctly, to get that big stack to finish top 3, then you are playing correctly.

Second point.

We always want to make sure our plays are correct for our PLAYER POOL. So if our V never fold we never bluff. If our V ignore pot odds we do not size our bets to deny pot odds. IE bet enough to get flush draws to fold on the turn. Instead we max bet knowing we will be called on turn by said draws. Thus we end up losing 17 times out of 20.

So take a few hours and think about your player pool. What mistakes do they make? How can you adjust your play to those mistakes? What should your bluffing frequency really be vs this pool? What should your bet sizing be? Should you stop flop C-betting when you miss. Etc etc.

Evaluate your girls play as well and see if her style of play works well vs the player pools aggression. After all if the player pool shoves river every time they are checked to twice, then start checking big hands and let them shove.

Hope this helps
:):)

B

B E Z ON ME

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow man thanks.that was actually very helpful I do push the edge for sure.