What is the key to good play

DannyWhite

DannyWhite

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want to play cash games but Im affraid over bets, even with over pair... I have feeling like he hit set should I call or reraised??They bluffing cause they have more money to waste or Im too tight or maybe poor ..?
Its so many questions ..how You play against agressive players reraise preflop or calling till showdown??
Im almost sure they are bluffing but I fold... How should I play How much I can loose ??10% 25% of my bankroll and give up or what?

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Danny - you are asking too many questions in a short post. I suggest you look in the learning poker area of the forum, where I have moved your thread to. You will need to be more specific to get help. I think if you make a plan, and decide to read over > 50 posts, which there easily are here, and see if some of your problems fall into categories you have raised, and I am positive, you will benefit from doing this, if you want to be successful at poker, whether it is cash games or tournament poker, or both, it will not be an overnight fix.

Time, patience and the wanting to learn are essential ingredients for becoming a successful player.

To start with, as I suggest read around the forum, and if you think you can be more specific then post some hand histories that you will have, explain your thinking behind the hand, and what you did. There are lots of good players on here, and I'm sure they will give you some feedback, and hopefully help you fill the holes in your game.

Good luck. :top:

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It has to be patience, and that is really hard to master. The hardest thing in poker for me is the wait it takes for the cards to start falling my way. I'm sitting there just watching my chips slowly going away and I can only keep waiting or bet with bad cards, call with bad cards, bulff with bad cards, hope it will fall with bad cards, and it all ends in one way. I'm on the rail instead in the game. I read this some where, It says, fold and live to fold again." You can't win with bad cards and you can't win a MTT on the rail, but that's right where bad cards will put us all. Yes there are those that play any two and win, but most of the time if you check the list of players later in the game, their name will be missing

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
So you couldn't wait another week?

DannyWhite posts
DannyWhite lobby

H

Hellokeko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Practice makes perfect , long term with many hands played experience will guide you to the correct answer on wether to call fold or reraise. Keep on playing many hands and see for yourself.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the key to a good play only time and experience can give you that. Every time you play you put in practice everything you learned about playing poker (poker school, books, magazines, articles, etc...) and also you learn about players, ytou learn how some players rise bet bluff reraise etc and that my friend its a thing that only playing a lot of hands can put you in the way of being a good poker player.

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to play cash games but Im affraid over bets, even with over pair... I have feeling like he hit set should I call or reraised??They bluffing cause they have more money to waste or Im too tight or maybe poor ..?
Its so many questions ..how You play against agressive players reraise preflop or calling till showdown??
Im almost sure they are bluffing but I fold... How should I play How much I can loose ??10% 25% of my bankroll and give up or what?

Based on the way you're asking the questions I can tell you are not ready for cash games. Just stick to play money and freerolls for now and try to understand the game a little. Good luck!

AvovchikA

AvovchikA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you do not have problems with mathematics in poker, then it remains to solve the problem with psychology, because fear is only in your head

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

1. If you're "afraid" of cash games then don't play them yet. There's no way you can win the psychological war against your opponents if you're struggling with your own.
  2. If you want to build up some courage and learn them at the same time, then don't forget you can always open a table and just sit and watch how people play. Nothing stopping you. You can even be watching cash games in one window while playing your regular games in the other window. Any exposure is good exposure.
  3. When you have an overpair, someone hitting a set isn't the only thing to worry about. What about two pair? That beats an overpair? Or they could be a strong draw. I think the problem with this fear is that you are overplaying your overpairs. Overpairs are good, but they loose to a WHOLE lot of hands.
  4. You actually don't see as much bluffing in low level cash games (at least I don't). If someone is betting, just assume they have something.
  5. If someone is aggressive then you do have to rely on the value of your hand to play against them. Don't re-raise or call down a cash player with weak holdings just because they are aggressive. Even aggressive players hit hands once in a while.
  6. I've heard it recommended you should play 5% of your stack each time you play a cash game. If you do that then by the time you've gotten your stack low you should at least have a good amount of experience chalked up and should be getting better.
But ultimately, this post is the perfect fit for my tagline, so read below and play with care.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Danny - you are asking too many questions in a short post. I suggest you look in the learning poker area of the forum, where I have moved your thread to. You will need to be more specific to get help. I think if you make a plan, and decide to read over > 50 posts, which there easily are here, and see if some of your problems fall into categories you have raised, and I am positive, you will benefit from doing this, if you want to be successful at poker, whether it is cash games or tournament poker, or both, it will not be an overnight fix.

Time, patience and the wanting to learn are essential ingredients for becoming a successful player.

To start with, as I suggest read around the forum, and if you think you can be more specific then post some hand histories that you will have, explain your thinking behind the hand, and what you did. There are lots of good players on here, and I'm sure they will give you some feedback, and hopefully help you fill the holes in your game.

Good luck. :top:

hi Marc, you have answered DannyWhite's post and your comment is the first one, show your great commitment with the CardsChat Community, because as you are Moderator I understand that your time is limited and you spend very busy, you have taken the time to answer perfectly, congratulations
👍👍👍👍

iannis2009

iannis2009

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good question....I must to change my strategy on poker...I ever loose with good cards

I load a picture with my bad luck

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180202-200540.jpg
    Screenshot_20180202-200540.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 24
Last edited by a moderator:
BlackMamba

BlackMamba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To play consistently and not to take risks with weaker hands.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only play with money you can afford to lose.

Part of the reason that you're playing scared could be the fact that you're playing with a small BR.

I'm a recreational poker player with hopes of creating a large enough bankroll to live off of, which will take time.

As of right now, I have a small BR but have been playing $1.50 STTs for a week now and have made a small gain of about $20 over 40 games, My ROI is 36% and ITM 48% over my last 40 games.

The only reason I think I'm doing good(IMO) is proper BRM, I'm not afraid to lose $1.50

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
practice makes it perfect. so play as much as you can, learn as much as you can.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PapaC makes some good points.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Listen to me ... if you feel fear or insecurity when you are playing poker at the cash tables ... then do not play until you have overcome your fears ... in poker the fear and insecurity will lead you to lose everything ... ! Try to read or watch some videos of professionals on game strategies against very aggressive villains ...!

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you start playing online poker, most people avoid playing online poker for money, because they do not know how easy it is to win. Usually you just need to know the strategy of playing cash to win.

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
learn the fundamentals, practice a lot with freerolls and after a while start improving by analysing your play, your hands, playstyle and strategy

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play quality poker and not be afraid to lose if played correctly. Fear in poker negatively affects the game.

damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to feel the game if you feel that the player is bluffing increases the bet, if you connect the game with the chips that the villain bets and see that he is winning the hand give up, be observant to get all the information and use them in your favor, do not be afraid if you have a $ 100 bankroll between $ 0.05 and $ 0.10 so that you are not afraid to lose. I hope to have helped and good luck!

H

Hansadsa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To succeed in poker, there are many qualities: enthusiasm, hardness of character, curiosity, perseverance and much more. Everyone starts playing with different skills, natural talent, some of which are well versed in people, some have a talent for mathematics. To achieve their goals, three qualities are necessary: ​​talent, passionate passion and the ability to work. If you are an ordinary player, but have great determination and the right attitude, you are much more successful than many gifted players who do not like to work. Harmony of character is the key to success in poker.