What is the hardest lesson you’ve learned about poker?

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hardest lesson learned was that you gotta be willing to grind micro/ low stakes if you want to build your roll and continue progressing forward.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Too many things, such as handling banking, like playing aggressive advanced the tournament have enough chips to be stealing and you're not a player easy to steal blinds chips ,, the match often with marginal hands because you do not generate any change the fold to having a lot of chips, is what I have learned more tournament:)

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To accept things out of my control,,,, :icon_flow

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That your premium cards can lose with any trash card.When I started playing poker and had pocket aces I thought the hand was mine..

Y

yoshi352000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can think your good and know how to play, but you don't. Then you finally realize your on the right track and how many thousands of hours of studying and experience you need beyond this.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
defeat is cruel, you have to know and get over that, I take it as it is part of the game and try not to get frustrated !!!

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Coming to grips with doing everything completely correct but not getting a favorable outcome. In the analyzation of that statement, the more times it comes up, you are most likely a profitable player.

vuk011

vuk011

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The hardest part is learning how to manage money properly lol

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You lose more tournaments with AK than any other hand.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
You can do everything right and still loose.

mountainfox

mountainfox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hardest lesson that I have learned playing poker is that don't play when you are on tilt. Playing while you are on tilt can make you lose your whole bankroll.

Becky Eubanks

Becky Eubanks

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When your outgo exceeds your income your upkeep is your downfall.

35marlin

35marlin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lessons

We are going to get it in good and its gonna be what it is, Variance can be brutal

A

ArtemMS

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to play with spectra, not cards

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most important lesson is: Do not give in to haste, wait for a favorable position. (C) ELKY

P

pacificatorul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Succes is dependent of discipline and tilt management. Still strugling with those tho

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Probably realizing the large difference between live and online...you see things online that just never happen live and if they do it's like once in your entire playing career lol...you have to look at it as they are two different games

I could not agree more with this post. It makes no difference if you regard this from the simple viewpoint that present day artificial intelligence does not/cannot provide true random number generation, or take the darker view that more dubious issues are at play (everyone can work it out for themselves) the two games are not the same.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
defeat is cruel, you have to know and get over that, I take it as it is part of the game and try not to get frustrated !!!

Exactly- I regard the psychology of playing, the mental game the most important. You inevitably get pounded with bad beats and therefore have to develop a coping mechanism. I pride myself that I can be furious in the moment (its no good kidding yourself you are not) but within minutes I can start to calm myself down and then put it in perspective.

Poker specifically taught me this more than real life, crazy though that might sound.

A

Allmoneyin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
folding may be more lucrative then calling

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Hardest lesson was to grow a level of acceptance for bad beats, if my actions were correct and I got the money in good.

R

Richard Grant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't have multiple things going on in the background. As you are navigating an internet page, the poker App appears and you click ALL-IN by mistake!

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the best lesson of all, is to know that to succeed in poker is not only a matter of luck but also to strive to study how to play poker, study, luck and instinct play important roles in your career as a player and all Days there is something to learn.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That has happened to me on more than one occasion and it really is the most terrible thing that can happen to you, especially if you lose that hand and if you are already ahead of a good tournament. The other thing that has happened to me is that unintentionally and by nerves in key plays instead of betting you fold it halfway, it is a huge headache haha