What Hand Do You Have the Most Trouble With?

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The range of hands I'd like to hear about are 22+, A2s+, A2o+, K-10o+, K-9s+, Q10s+ and QJo. I'm having trouble with KQo and KQs in LoJack to the button for position. I feel like I haven't quite found the way to approach betting this hand. I label players somewhat correctly in terms of LAG, TAG, Loose passive or tight passive. The issue I have is I seem to either get outdrawn with straights, two pair or trips. Also I've had bad variance with getting outdrawn by weaker Kings. Also I've had a few instances where I'm dominated preflop by AK. Anyone every have my problem or have a solution?

M

mgonzalezx55

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I struggle most with AK and I think its because I overvalue it. TPTK isn't really all that strong of a hand and I find that when the board is dry, it doesn't make me much money. And a wet board for AK is no good knowing that in general, players really like to play all the broadway hands and almost always have a better straight draw than AK since it can only make a straight one way.

F

FailX21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is a really good hand nonetheless ... You won't always win with it, but you have a better chance than with most other hands.

For myself, I mainly have trouble with low pair, like 99 or less. Cause it's good, but it's really easy for an opponent to make a higher pair that I'm really scared. I'm also scared of QJ and I play it very carefully.

Mare10

Mare10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
like 88 99 1010 ...ox dificuilt card

V

valanddon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My most nightmare of a starting hand is AQ. It's a nice
looking hand but I get out drawin most of the time.
Unless they are suited I throw them in the muck most
of the time.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
... I'm having trouble with KQo and KQs in LoJack to the button for position. I feel like I haven't quite found the way to approach betting this hand
I find that when I play a hand like KQ that far off from the button I'm at the total mercy of the flop. Any normal pre-flop raise is likely to get called by later position Ax hands or pretty much just about anything reasonable. Unless you magically hit a great flop you're constantly guessing, usually from behind. If I'm last to play on the flop/turn then I have a whole lot more confidence in playing those cards.

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
QQs.
I dont know, but i busted out in a lot of tournaments, either im in ITM, bubble or even early in the tourney with these hands. Even in live games. My QQs always gets bad beat.
But i dont learn, still going with my queens no matter what.... hehehe

J

JackBurn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
QQs.
I dont know, but i busted out in a lot of tournaments, either im in ITM, bubble or even early in the tourney with these hands. Even in live games. My QQs always gets bad beat.
But i dont learn, still going with my queens no matter what.... hehehe
We all wanna show our ladies :)

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KJs or KJo....I just fold it nowadays it is just good enough to lose a significant pot but never strong enough to win a big pot.

eueu

eueu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have a lot of problems with connected hands ak

Kingpoetmusic

Kingpoetmusic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have alot of problems with small pairs and AK as well. Also suited hands are a problem as well. I've been only trying to play stronger starting hands lately but the small pairs are tough late in the tournaments as the blinds are high and limp ins with these cost me some chips late. I only like high pairs and suited AK late.

L

laimisj

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say probably AT, because it fells strong and not so strong at the same time. You can hit straight, but its a three-gap, T is not that premium pair, but you have best kicker, pair of Aces, but with quite a low kicker.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AQ is the hardest hand to play, it is a very dangerous combination, in a final table you have to be very careful

IcyNicy

IcyNicy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fold small pairs like 22+ from UTG positions, because I don't think they are worth playing postflop. A2+ is difficult to play with because even if you hit A on the flop you are not sure of the kicker and you are right about that. Q10+, K9s+ I would play only from late positions and if nobody is in the pot yet. These hands as you said are easily dominated and your stack size doesn't often let you play this kind of hands.

IlyaSavinov

IlyaSavinov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm most afraid of AA, as it often fails

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands