TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't think I am folding aces on the flop ever, unless the action goes bet-raise-3bet-4bet jam ect. I am betting and calling even a raise most times.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes lose the AA flop on the flop, but most of the game I try to play aggressively, make big raises or reraises preflop or flop so that there are less players left in the hand and my AAs can play normally, I rarely fold on the flop when in the hand 3-4 people are involved and the card is lying pair on the flop is not in my favor then I can sometimes fold AA, but most of the time I'm playing the flop!

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't fold AA in flop, unless receive a shove on the very connected board

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you receive a strong hand as a pair of Aces, the immediate expectation is that you should play aggressively and have the chance to win a big pot. But if on the flop a pair comes in no matter what the player makes a reasonable bet I am wide my easy one

well_cap1302

well_cap1302

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never fold AA, this hand only loses to a bad beat.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Difficult to answer.
In my opinion, it depends more on the behavior of rivals.
For example, if there is a pair of kings on the table, and the opponent will go allin, then most likely I will fold.

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never fold AA, this hand only loses to a bad beat.

There's actually a lot of hands AA could lose to that wouldn't be considered a bad beat. If the flop comes 9TJ all suited and you lose that hand to a flush or straight that's not a bad beat that's just you not having the best hand. You need to remember that AA, even though it's the strongest pair, is still just a pair and a pair is is still second to last in terms of overall strength. Don't get stuck overvaluing AA especially in positions where your reads are telling you AA is clearly beat.

S

Spns777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3 suited cards which not connected with my aces

Tony Vayer

Tony Vayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If my stack is smaller than my opponent in the game and I'm close to the bubble, then I drop AA to the flop.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If my stack is smaller than my opponent in the game and I'm close to the bubble, then I drop AA to the flop.
I agree that one must consider where you are in the tournament (eg: approaching the bubble or final table)...more leeway in a cash game because you can buy back in.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3 of the same suit is a horrible flop or a paired flop that have a raise then 3 bet then shove. It’s quite clear somebody has hit this flop better than my pair of aces.

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A44 - not today online poker, I see what you're doing! ;)

Not really enough information to decide, if you get most of your stack in pre-flop you really shouldn't be folding any flops post-flop.

There are definitely more favorable flops than others and stack-size plays a role - I'm not looking to get 200+ big blinds into the pot with one pair very often, especially against multiple opponents.

Thin the field with a decent raise and you'll be in a profitable spot more often than not.

Good luck! :D

bkniefel

bkniefel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A flop that is all the same suit and one of my Aces is not one of the suits.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I am folding AA nowadays (in the past never :) ) .

When the flop is very scary (ex all suited and no Ace is of the same colour plus I see a lot of interest for this board) , or when I see a lot of action for a board paired from more than one player , especially when they check raise me out of position , etc .
I mean there are scary occasions , and if you are not pot committed (you have enough chips to move on ) I think the best way (to handle it ) on the flop or the turn/river is the getaway , get away from this hand :)

JusThieF

JusThieF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe if there many callers at early stage of an medium buyin and the flop would be 3 cards at same colour with ones were other then my aces i would fold them.

CullinanPoker

CullinanPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
connected board with suits and straighting possibilities makes it very difficult, then again so is folding A-A

bablo

bablo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It will be difficult for me to throw them even on a dangerous flop.

J

james bright

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What flop must be,that you fold aces?
well if i limp in with them and theres like 4 callers i would fold to kkq or qqk or jqk cause someone has a set or a straight draw or a straight and there coud be possible flush draws in there also so i just check it down or fold!

M

MadPanic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
9♥️J♥️Q♥️ I would fold aces to a good bet.

mariuspoker1

mariuspoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If i remember well i believe i never fold AA but i can tell from experience that ussualy AA are beatten when on the flop you have a straight draw or a flush draw.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Most likely, I will not be able to drop two aces. In any case, I will play.

M

MadPanic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also I would fold the turn to a good bet if the card was a blank bet on K,Q,J rainbow in a 4-bet pot for sure..

T

TEIS22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I won't fold them at allunless the bets start getting crazy after a good lookin flop if the flop looks basic no open or flush draws then I'm going to be very aggressive which might make them back down but I love beating someone that pulled that pair of kings on the flop and that's the best thing out there and I burn them with the AA

Folding in Poker