What else did you learn about poker, that you can take for life?

B

blun777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just like that in life too, a player faces a number of setbacks and often fail to give it another shot in the fear of losing again. Poker teaches that bad beats are a part of the game and how one gets past them and continues to move ahead is what matters.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just like that in life too, a player faces a number of setbacks and often fail to give it another shot in the fear of losing again. Poker teaches that bad beats are a part of the game and how one gets past them and continues to move ahead is what matters.

This is an excellent one—probably honestly the biggest lesson poker can teach us!

G

Gojszli5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i want to be honest, nothing.. Just in my opinion!:D

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
keep your wits about you

and be patient

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker teaches to be disciplined, assiduous, make informed decisions.

Porras2424

Porras2424

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been trying to apply it after so many years playing, that today, it still costs me ,, but I insist that it be serious ,,,,,, (NEVER PAY TO LOSE,)

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Patience, control and daring at times

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
couple things i have learned is: 1. patience and 2. you dont have to risk it all to achieve your goal, pick away little by little.

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
------------------------------------------Hi!:ciao:------------------------------------------
Studying the game in depth, I realized that poker is -20%luck and 80% skill, and you can't achieve results without working on yourself.)And most importantly, Poker is a kind of subculture that covers the whole world!

Sansam

Sansam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker teaches you to move from failure to luck through self-development. To win, you need to learn the rules, develop self-discipline and apply them in the game. The same principles apply in other areas of life.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many poker lessons transfer into life lessons for me. A major lesson is that you will never win every hand. In life when you learn to accept a loss and keep moving forward you have an edge on most everyone else. I also learned to think about my opponent holdings and not over focus on my immediate goal. The ability to step back and look at the big picture is a great lesson. Of course bankroll management and how much risk you are comfortable taking, both wonderful lessons that transfer into the real world.

Good Luck except the hands you play vs ME :D

V

Vinao182

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think we can take several lessons for life about poker, such as insisting for example on a certain strategy, it's no use doing it just once and saying it doesn't work, you need to collect statistics, since you really are sure that something is wrong , it is necessary to resume planning and repeat the statistics, and the process will repeat itself again, just as life is

D

Dentada

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bankroll management to your financial life, being patient, control your temper, deal with losses...

T

tourpro99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Same as with pro golf----it took me a while to figure this out, but..."it's more about enjoying the journey than the destination!"

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
patience and fact that results every work don't come instantaneously

D

denis_og79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
mainly focus and discipline, as in life you achieve things in the long run, just like in poker.

toni_brasco

toni_brasco

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Be patient and wait for the right spot and remove your ego from your decisions.

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Discipline and management poker educates in general. GL

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I personally believe it is more, that what you learn from Life that can be used at the Poker table, Patience! and Defeat are two things I learned in Life. I learned long ago that not everything in Life is fair, and most of the time you will lose different things, whether it be your Car Keys or your Best Friend, and lets be clear you will lose in Poker!
But! With patience and practice you can over-come defeat and some times be a Winner.
Poker is a game you should play when you are in the right place, with the right mind-set and use the lessons we all learn in everyday life experiences, not the other way around.
I don't play Poker to get more lessons in Life but Live to play better Poker.

When the fun Stops, STOP!