What does that indicate?

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Two ways A7off(54%) has more equity than KQs(46%)
And 6 ways KQs has 29% while A7o has 19%.
I know that KQs plays good multiway and A7o plays well headsup.
Is there something more i shiuld know?

rikisrakis

rikisrakis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say KQs is a better hand to see a flop with, whereas A7 is generally pretty weak in any situation other than heads up. If you hit any K or Q you will have the best kicker most of the time, and generally you can spot hands like AK in this situation based on their preflop behavior. The straight and flush draws are also bonus equity that can get you a lot of value occasionally.

A7 is ahead of a moderate amount of viable hands heads up because of the high card, i.e. mostly things like KQ, but beyond that it is a weak hand. There aren't many great flops for A7; generally you're most comfortable hitting 7 top pair on a dry board, because hitting the ace in a raised pot with such a low kicker is not always a good thing. Beyond that you have no straight or flush draw, so your hand has little chance to improve without hitting a lucky two pair or trips. Essentially, you might have the lead preflop on a decent range of hands, but it falls apart very quickly if it has to see a flop or play against multiple opponents.

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When heads up he has higher chance because of the higher card. But as soon as a third person enters a7 lose value. K and Q are connectors and very high cards and as that are very strong. Usually in multi way pots 89 like hands have better odds than a7 specially if they are suited.

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two ways A7off(54%) has more equity than KQs(46%)
And 6 ways KQs has 29% while A7o has 19%.
I know that KQs plays good multiway and A7o plays well headsup.
Is there something more i shiuld know?

I prefer KQs, A-7 can get you into a lot of trouble with a weak kicker heads up or not. KQs has many possibilities to build your stack by either hitting a K or Q with a good kicker plus the additional possibilities of hitting a flush or straight. I have had much more success with KQs and lots of trouble with A-7.