What do you prefer: to LEARN poker or to TEACH poker?

D

DIANTA

Rock Star
Total posts
Hi everybody.
A changing environment is changing Poker attitudes and adherents.
What do you think brings more to you: to LEARN this unsurpassed game or to TEACH, share poker learning to others?
By now I more like to LEARN (I think there is not much to share yet :listen:)

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Total posts
An interesting question. If you have mastered the basic knowledge yourself, it makes sense to pass this knowledge on and teach others. Good teachers therefore receive feedback from their students and thus learn again. Constant learning makes us professionals. :)

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Total posts
Awards
If I achieved at least some skill, I would teach someone poker))). But for me it is still a dream. I can only study, but my student is still so-so)))).

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Total posts
Awards
UA
Hi everybody.
What do you think brings more to you: to LEARN this unsurpassed game or to TEACH, share poker learning to others?

Hello.
In general, the learning process is beneficial for both parties. But I am unfortunately lazy, and what I like most is just playing poker. :)

E

eetenor

Legend
Total posts
Awards
Hi everybody.

Thank U 4 Posting

By trying to teach others what I have learned it forces me to be exact about what I am trying to teach. That makes the concepts stronger in my own mind. When others question my thought process I then have to revisit it and either confirm or adjust my own thinking.

Therefore teaching becomes a new form of learning.

:):)

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
It's also fun to learn, but when excelling and not getting a reward, nothing will be.

S

scubed

Visionary
Total posts
I love to learn more about the game and to study the game. In teaching, I have found that I have to know the concepts really well.... so teaching is also learning!

619Leafs

Legend
Total posts
I would learn poker simply because the game is evolving and different concepts are being applied at every turn.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
I make a pretty good teacher, however, I prefer to learn poker compared to teaching it.

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Total posts
I probably learn even more than I teach. Ah, I believe that passing knowledge, makes you fix more what you have already learned, lately I have tried to help a friend who plays poker, but is lazy to study the game, I confess it's a difficult task, but for now it's being fun.

Good luck at the tables!
Hi everybody.

D

DIANTA

Rock Star
Total posts
I probably learn even more than I teach. Ah, I believe that passing knowledge, makes you fix more what you have already learned, lately I have tried to help a friend who plays poker, but is lazy to study the game, I confess it's a difficult task, but for now it's being fun.

Good luck at the tables!

Yeah, bringing a friends to the Poker (teaching accordingly) is what Im getting the pleasure from..
Good luck

Vlaad

Vlaad

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
My girlfriend still thinks there is a kicker on straights even after I explained her the rules numerous times. So I prefer learning myself :rolleyes:

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Total posts
I'm pretty much a beginner so mostly I learn. I feel like cardschat forum has helped me so much so far. I've read hundreds of posts and I feel a growth in my game. Also when I see a thread that I feel I know something about, I try and reply as much as I can to help others as well with more general advice.

O

Oksana55

Legend
Total posts
Awards
As Vladimir Ilyich Lenin said Learn to learn and learn again

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Neither,,,i like to play.:cool:

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
I rather teach. Like simple terms for beginners, strategies, rules, tips and stuff. Like straddle in live games means. How to bet clearly by speaking or crossing the betting line. Side pots. Might lose main pot but win side pot so dont muck your cards always show. How to properly bet. Betting to see where you are at instead of giving away free chips in positions. Antes in tournaments. Different tournament types and how to approach them properly. Poker term. Etc.

manuela2910

manuela2910

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
Hi everybody.

I prefer learning poker. Learning to other is difficult, my English not so good.

kley126

kley126

Rock Star
Total posts
first you have to learn a lot about this sport you have to study too much to then be able to teach

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
BR
for me clearly and learn, why daiquiri knowledge and fundamentals and important to evolve your skills!

Vivaly

Vivaly

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
Well, I don't see the queues for me to teach them poker.
So I'm learning poker myself and there is still a lot to know about poker.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Total posts
Awards
Hi everybody.

I almost always prefer to learn, it makes me feel more confident and gives me more to offer

That being said, teaching effectively is very fulfilling, when you can share something with someone that turns their game around it's one of the best feelings. (Like saving a friend from putting themselves in a bad situation)

Teaching is also a great way to learn, but it comes with a bit more pressure and makes sense why it's something we shouldn't rush to do (but can benefit from including as part of our regular study plan :))

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
It’s fun to learn for me, as for teaching I’m not sure, there is so much you could teach someone about this game, but I’m a little lazy. :)

D

DIANTA

Rock Star
Total posts
first you have to learn a lot about this sport you have to study too much to then be able to teach
It is just nice for me to hear when poker is called a sport.
Good luck.