What do you do to improve your game?

N

nmate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watching twitch streams is how i've improved. Some good players on there. A few offer coaching too if you're a tier 3 subscriber (25 bucks/month).

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only thing I still do poorly is I get too passively when I get into a bad run. I have to consciously remind myself to be situationally aggressive.

Playing well. Just having cards go against me.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read poker books like those by Harrington and make notes. I read him first and still think he is awesome. I also like watching final table of big tourneys on youtube.

N

nmate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i watch a few winning players on twitch. occasional youtube video.

B

BigSlick20

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing better than practice to get better.

B

BigSlick20

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Practice, practice and practice also spend time watching youtube videos.

D

derpaderp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm trying to find time to play everyday and reading articles across all the various poker sites. I have yet to get into tracking my hand history, but I think that'd be my next step.

F

FreeDom1998

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most skills you can get - on the actual practice!
The more you play hand - the better it will be for your understanding of the game itself (strategy, etc.)

I

Inna Boishtian

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Impruve game

For me, the main improvement in my game was the fight against tilt.:p

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do whatever I need to in order to find the things that make sense to me and work when I take them to the tables. I guess I have to say that every thing I have learned about playing winning poker came from the advice, opinions, watching better players at the same table in our freerolls, taking loads of notes, taking what those players told me that worked for them to the tables and try those things, if one fit into my game I still use it today, but those that didn't work for me, I just packed back and some weeks later I would try it again. I can't think of a piece of advice that I tore out of my note books and put it in the trash. So in short CC was my only class room, and I believe that's all I needed.

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nothing, just keep playing and hope for a miracle :)

Last edited:
charlie2013

charlie2013

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to improve my poker game just playing. Happy with the victory or I learn in my loses. I start to pay attention on the tv tournaments checking every bet or fold from the best players.. Like Negreanu, Phil H, Ivey, Doyle é much others. Read is always good! Always learning.. but we have to know when to give a break.. that’s my problem...

O

otadd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i like to see a lot of videos about tournaments, live or online, u find so many tips, so many hands, u can apply in your game
and search articles about the game, you will construct a solid knowledge about

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
today I had a day of funny clownpoker.

Reasons:
1. give my brain a break after the weekend. When you train other muscles at the gym, you do the same, don't you?

2. Overwrite all the good hands in the HUD's of opponents, they might think you learnt to play poker meanwhile

3. it-s so much fun when this time you are the donk that destroys the ACES with stupid pocketcards :bebored:

This is a regular part of my training

Top 10 Games