What do you consider tight/loose

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So I’m playing full ring table and this guys plays once every 3 orbits That’s the tightest player I have seen. That’s playing one hand every time 27 times. I think that would AA KK QQ AK AQ starting hands only

The loosest is drunk that plays every hand or other hand
I think those are the extremes.

What do you consider those who are not tight or not loose? I think a player that plays starting hands once or twice per full ring orbit is average

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely 2 times per orbit is the standard. If you see someone playing 4+ per orbit is definitely considered a loose player. Always take note of how they're acting as well. If they seem very comfortable and playing like that, they are definitely looser.

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I’m playing full ring table and this guys plays once every 3 orbits That’s the tightest player I have seen. That’s playing one hand every time 27 times. I think that would AA KK QQ AK AQ starting hands only

Well, it also depends on what the action was around this player. For example, I might consider playing a middle pocket pair in EP/MP, but I'll probably fold it if there is a raise in front of me. If you mean that he was folding 26 out of 27 hands when there is no action in front of him, then yes that is extremely tight. I think the range you mention is about right for that percentage.

AA/KK/QQ : 1.38% (1 out of 70 hands)
AA/KK/QQ/AK : 2.6% or (1 out of 38 hands)
AA/KK/QQ/AK/AQ : 3.8% (1 out of 26 hands)

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have several times shoot a big pair for my starting hand over everyone has his style of play and draws different cards from the shot judge a player on the fact that he plays more freer than the others at the start of a tournament is not really in my opinion a good clue when at his level of play. But it is true that the more one plays aggressive squeeze the more one is lucky to achieve a good result on a tournament.