What to do in this situation?

C

Charlis

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone,,

You’re dealt a strong starting hand, let’s say KQs. You raise it to 6BB from MP. Two callers.
Flop gives us a backdoor flush draw and an open ended straight draw. We bet 1/2 pot. One fold, one call.
Turn is a brick. Bet 1/2 pot as a semi bluff. He calls.
River is a nothing. We have K high. Villain is either nutted and allowing us to build the pot for him because he knows we are aggressive, or he has middle pair good kicker, or maybe a medium pocket pair, like 88.
What the **** do I do here? If I know the guy is weak, I’ll obviously bluff, but frequently I just have no read because Villain just sat down, or whatever.
The problem is if I check, then he knows I’m weak, he bets 1/2 pot and I can’t call. If I make a weak raise then he definitely at least calls. So I either have to make a strong bet or check/fold.
Where did I go wrong here? Check/call the turn instead????

Z

zhilipp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think that there is a Solution that works every time. You have to think about the risk reward of bluffing and the Price for a showdown. Is it worth another half Pot or not.

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Better do not bluff here unless there's an ace on the river because of bet sizing and all miseed draws I am calling you 80% of the time with pocket 88s

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who taught you to put a raise 6 BB !! ??? At what limit you play and against whom ???

C

Charlis

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone,,

You’re dealt a strong starting hand, let’s say KQs. You raise it to 6BB from MP. Two callers.
Flop gives us a backdoor flush draw and an open ended straight draw. We bet 1/2 pot. One fold, one call.
River is a nothing. We have K high. Villain is either nutted and allowing us to build the pot for him because he knows we are aggressive, or he has middle pair good kicker, or maybe a medium pocket pair, like 88.mobdro.bio/ luckypatcher.tips/ kodi.bio/
What the **** do I do here? If I know the guy is weak, I’ll obviously bluff, but frequently I just have no read because Villain just sat down, or whatever.
The problem is if I check, then he knows I’m weak, he bets 1/2 pot and I can’t call. If I make a weak raise then he definitely at least calls. So I either have to make a strong bet or check/fold.

Thank you my issue has been solved,...

frost234

frost234

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would put an overbet. Possibly the opponent was also waiting for flash and did not receive

grogrich

grogrich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think not call If you até bluffing.
But If you have a hand for flush....its better call, but no bluff

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone,,

River is a nothing. We have K high. Villain is either nutted and allowing us to build the pot for him because he knows we are aggressive, or he has middle pair good kicker, or maybe a medium pocket pair, like 88.

So previous posters have pointed out several issues.

Because you state that the villain is unkown I would continue with a 3rd barrel here because yes he could be on the same draw.

You don't even need to feel like this is a bluff because you could be barreling on the river with the best hand. It is totally possible.

If he calls then I congratulate the player and I want to see his hand for future reference.

Alternately you could just check fold.

Good luck !