what to do with good start ???

skiptomyloot

skiptomyloot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
easy fix.
note reminder - when playing tournaments, people will use Huds , odds calculator, track stats.etc basically find any info who they're up against. not your problem but it does happen.

ok i think i can help with your situation. Depending on whether your a MTT player or someone who is just buying in because of the prize money is going to determine how experienced you need to be to make it to the final table.
I think you should look into M-zones, play less against shortstacks if your already up say like 60-80bb vs a player who has like 10,20bb. Another reason is that you could be hot on 1 table and stacking up and playing real great, but then a table move happens and your not adjusting accordingly to the new players and still in motion of playing aggressively against players who have maybe more,even or lesser value of chips. Try to not call small all ins when blinds are barely 75-150w/ antes of 10-25. And if your raising to try and steal , you have to be aware on how well you think you know the person your raising. If this person is folding alot in or out position, against aggression you wanna isolate anyone who is just ask weak thats sitting next to them. And if your getting cold hits and stacking off your chiplead, stop real fast, take 5 minutes to evaluate whats happening, and just watch the action. 1-3 orbits pass and you show passiveness, you can easily disguise a weak or strong holding in or out of position if you act on it correctly and youll get credit to having a strong hand played weak or a strong hand played strong.

mainly i think its just stack sizing and calling off too much early, ease up on aggression and remember the amount in the pot belongs to the pot so, its easier to not get upset when you lost what you put in. also if your getting shorthanded and waiting for a strong hand when you got like 15-20 bb, you should just be shoving preflop against bluffers or taking shots much wider rather than hold on and wait for something strong to hit to only get busted anyways . Dont decide to flat call when its late in middle of the tournamnt and there is antes, you should be going out more aggressive if possible or when possible. do so just enough to get yourself calm and relaxed to not worry about losing and not making money.

excercising helps for stamina, eating before to consume energy, coffee works for me, prepping for stages before tournament starts, and i never play mulitiple tables if the tournament is hard and have a great pay jumps. You wanna be focused on catching every little detail

kolecgoclaw

kolecgoclaw

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thank zayzoo. write a lot of smart and interesting things in many're right.
I try to do as you say, but sometimes, some situations are killing me.
Today I play a nice tournament, from 1.5 k acquired a 18k ... and gets a pair of aces. 1 guy before me put allin (30k) - I check - falling two ladies ... sometimes I have a desire to throw it. 1.5h build your stuck and one time - which are you waiting for (aa) you lose everything.
I have such bad luck lately more often, I have to think far chill.
they begin World Championships - watch matches NOT PLAYING POKER
(once again, thank you for the advice - I greet)

R

rw11687

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Simple - When you get a big stack, don't change your game. I see it a lot, when players get more chips they speculate more, try to bluff more, just get over involved in general. I find myself doing it as well sometimes. My advice would be to just continue to do what got you there. Obviously, there are situations to change it up with a big stack, like on the bubble and when the table is very tight. But overall, stick to your game and focus.

kolecgoclaw

kolecgoclaw

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to my last post - i lose with 11 against qq...

to rw11687
i try dont change my game - i play normaly, maybe more i wait 4 good hand. but all the times i try be agresive...
agresive but not stupid ;)

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to my last post - i lose with 11 against qq...

to rw11687
i try dont change my game - i play normaly, maybe more i wait 4 good hand. but all the times i try be agresive...
agresive but not stupid ;)

Well AA is not a 100% win... Thats just bad luck...
But if u want to be more careful
.. Dont go all in with one pair!
Wait for something nice ie; str8/flush/fullhouse or at least to hit a set...

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

WeenieSVK

WeenieSVK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good question. When I think about it, When I had big stack and started to play more hands and called more often, most of the times I lost big amount of chips. When I continued with my game I got deeper in tournament usually.

But my best tournament results when I finished on final table from thousands of players, I was almost every time shortstack or at least below average in chips almost whole tournament :)

kolecgoclaw

kolecgoclaw

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WeenieSVK you're right - I won tournaments also rather when attacking with less stuck when I have a lot of chips usually lose. won a few tournaments was the position of the attacker with less stuck! I think it's harder to defend a big stuck.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maintain your style of play.Loosen up a bit on tight table and try to avoid suckout.

tothbopo

tothbopo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is always good to have a good start.

If tyou always fails on a certain level, maybe you should try to be very tight for a period of game.

Maybe you feel that now comes the time were the risk for bad bets is around.

Stop playing for maybe 20 minutes or so and only play very good starting hands.

Then when you feel now is the time where you are focused again you start playing like you use to.