What to do about over bets,micro stakes

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Advice well taken. When is it a good time to limp in with big pocket pairs?
Never! This is just why you see so many bad beats with high PP, Stop limping and start raising.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Advice well taken. When is it a good time to limp in with big pocket pairs?

If you're not a player that can fold an overpair to a massive overbet on the flop, then you should NEVER limp a big pocket pair.

That said, I almost never limp with premium pairs for the same reason. Aces occasionally at an action table.

The conditions when to consider limping big pairs have been described well by previous posts...I'll also add, if you've been so tight that you know a raise from you will kill your action you might limp if there is somebody after you who you can trust to raise...but that's still too risky most of the time, IMO.

Salvete777

Salvete777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll do the same as you (Miguel) in this situation. I don't like to raise freflop with AA, KK, QQ on hand, I wait before someone do it in my place and it remove attention from my hand as a best in preflop. And call to all in after flop was compelling.
It will be very good to see the size of your stack before you call.

MiguelC18

MiguelC18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried some things out last night, live at a freeroll. I had just been cut down from 10k chips to 4k. I was UTG with KK. I was kinda drunk so I don't remember the whole thing.. bb is guy a I know, He does like to raise with high cards. I limped (did not want to but I kinda had a feeling, plus the table was full of action before this)3 or 4 other players limped, bb raised 800 on 100/200 blinds I called, others folded (prob should've reraised, but he looked at me like my hand was weak). flop was Jc 3s 5s something like that he checked, I bet 800 he called, 6 spades dropped, he checked, I shoved and he folded A6. I don't just thought I would comment.

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya you played it bad lol you didnt raise then u called an all in strange. if you try and trap you need to be careful