D

DoIHaveAFlush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi folks,

What would you suggest doing with AA, AK, AQ, AJ preflop?:confused:

Please don't tell me "go all-in" - have done that so many times and so many times I lost with this strategy against absurd hands (36o, 2To, 47o).:bath: would you rather min raise, 3xBB, 4BB, 5BB?

Looking forward to your feedback!

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ALWAYS ALL IN and hope you will get top pair and defeat the opponents!

D

DoIHaveAFlush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ALWAYS ALL IN and hope you will get top pair and defeat the opponents!

Deputat, thank you but not really agreeing with you there - tried it often enough.. Of course sometimes you win.. But especially with AK, AJ and AQ - I've lost more often than I've won, so not sure going all in proactively is the right move.. Maybe the shove could be used as a reaction in case there's a raise and a 3bet?:confused:

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Deputat, thank you but not really agreeing with you there - tried it often enough.. Of course sometimes you win.. But especially with AK, AJ and AQ - I've lost more often than I've won, so not sure going all in proactively is the right move.. Maybe the shove could be used as a reaction in case there's a raise and a 3bet?:confused:

I try to think positive and go All In if I get these hands because the victory loves the brave;)

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to play them like you play every hand. Shoving all in depends on your stack, your position, your table image, your tables tendencies, what players in front have done and what players behind you will likely do, the stage you are in if its a tournament,,,ETC. But the main thing is if you play them be consistent. If you open with a 3x raise then open with a 3x raise. The key is after the flop to play your hand aggressively. If you just played say 78 and the flop came A59 then Cbet you want to play it like you hit the ace. My point is play all your hands the same and you cant easily be put on a hand. But shoving all in and hoping for the best is a losing proposition.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi folks,

What would you suggest doing with AA, AK, AQ, AJ preflop?:confused:

Please don't tell me "go all-in" - have done that so many times and so many times I lost with this strategy against absurd hands (36o, 2To, 47o).:bath: would you rather min raise, 3xBB, 4BB, 5BB?

Looking forward to your feedback!
AA, AK always looking to get it in 5bet or 6bet all in... AQs and AJs I actually flat opens cause I dont want to get 4 bet off, forcing me to 5 Bet then calling an All in, in a marginal spot, AQo and AJo always opening or 3Betting, and folding to a 4Bet when out of position....