What buy-in size MTT do you prefer?

BogdanStark

BogdanStark

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi. Due to growing my skills and poker qualification, I decided to grow buy-in size tournaments.
So, very interesting, what MTT you would like to play?

I

ItryhardAA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bankroll Management is key if you plan on moving up and staying there. If it hurts you when you lose the buy-in was probably too big for you. Its ok to move up and test it but MTTs are too variance people have down swings for awhile, and that's if you are well experienced and don't make errors as often as others.

Zehntar

Zehntar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to stick with a 100 Buy-in BRM for MTT's, I feel that I can safely play that way without worrying too much..
If you do however dont mind depositing more, you can for sure have an more aggressive BRM, like 75, or even 50 Buy-ins.

I'm not very good with following my own BRM, so I take shots from time to time, and that ends up hurting my BR more than not.

So if you for example have let's say $100, then I'd stick to the 0.55 and 1.10 ones(assuming you play on pokerstars.)

Good luck :)

N

nyolcas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also folow the "100 BRM" rule, choosing tournaments with maximum 100 buyin or lower. The rule is also a good tool to see if you need to step up or step down in term of the buyin.

C

cormierced

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i really like 5$ tourny.. but i dont have the bankroll anymore.. but at least at this level people actually know how to play poker and theres less bingo. i think you have more chance of winning a 10$ tournament than a 0.55$ if youre a good player!! :)

BogdanStark

BogdanStark

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i really like 5$ tourny.. but i dont have the bankroll anymore.. but at least at this level people actually know how to play poker and theres less bingo. i think you have more chance of winning a 10$ tournament than a 0.55$ if youre a good player!! :)

For example at poker stars poker client we've seen a lot of fishes and others persons in micro MTTs who just rubbishing poker area.
5$ buy-in MTT as for me are also applies to this fishes tournaments.
I think 10+ or even 7+ buckses buy-ins are quite interesting and profitable.