katifanko

katifanko

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Can anyone please explain it to me? People keep mentioning playing in "the bubble". I also played once in a GG poker tournament as soon as I joined the platform and experienced "the bubble" there but I didn't understand what the hell it's about :confused:

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The bubble is the last spot eliminated where the player eliminated does not cash. The game pays top 27 places, the 28th place finisher does not cash & is referred to as the bubble boy. 63 places payed 64th finishes on the bubble. 3 payed 4th is the bubble.

katifanko

katifanko

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The bubble is the last spot eliminated where the player eliminated does not cash. The game pays top 27 places, the 28th place finisher does not cash & is referred to as the bubble boy. 63 places payed 64th finishes on the bubble. 3 payed 4th is the bubble.

Okay, got it! Thank you!!!

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
There's a post somewhere here I stumbled across a while back that has all kinds of definitions I found helpful (I didn't know what bubble was either!) If I can find it I'll try to link it here but if not maybe take a look for it. You might learn some new terms you didn't know just like I did too.

xaj9x

xaj9x

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey
This is the stage of the tournament one step before the prizes, people begin to play very carefully at this stage in order to get into the prizes

katifanko

katifanko

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
There's a post somewhere here I stumbled across a while back that has all kinds of definitions I found helpful (I didn't know what bubble was either!) If I can find it I'll try to link it here but if not maybe take a look for it. You might learn some new terms you didn't know just like I did too.

That would be awesome, thank you!

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Bubble is that boring guy in the tournament, who has 2bb, everyone waiting for him to fall to get into the money and the guy takes AA and doubles, he'll say it's not boring.:D:D

katifanko

katifanko

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Bubble is that boring guy in the tournament, who has 2bb, everyone waiting for him to fall to get into the money and the guy takes AA and doubles, he'll say it's not boring.:D:D

Loool :D:D:D

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You are the best!!! I don’t know half of this stuff… so embarrassing yikes :eek:
I’m laughing hysterically at the “less common ones” :D:D:D

I didn’t know many of them either and found the post helpful, but yes the “less common ones” had me laughing too :)

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bubble word means:

"Smaller sphere of gas. The mass of a small sphere or spheres of gaseous material which has entered a liquid and which normally rises to the surface of the liquid and bursts there."
:D:D:D...

Anyway, above, Kenzie 96 :five: nicely described what a bubble in poker is.

P

pontvadasz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The bubbles are the stage in the tournament when the remaining players reach the pay section. In the final deal before the bubble, you will often see big bets, all in. Anyone who is eliminated here goes out with no money, and anyone who stays in shares in the tournament prize money as specified in the buy-in. It's also called the Synchro Hand.

katifanko

katifanko

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The bubbles are the stage in the tournament when the remaining players reach the pay section. In the final deal before the bubble, you will often see big bets, all in. Anyone who is eliminated here goes out with no money, and anyone who stays in shares in the tournament prize money as specified in the buy-in. It's also called the Synchro Hand.

hmmm... never heard of a Synchro Hand! Thanks!

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After the bubble, it's true poker.

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Bubble

You can play a poker tournament for hours and hours and sometimes for days in large tournaments. Your goal is to win the tournament. Another goal is to cash, win money. The last person to not win money before the 1st player wins money is the "Bubble Boy". It's a huge let down to put that much time in and not be rewarded. I've been the bubble boy before and was dumbfounded. Felt like a loser. There were 750 players and paid 162 spots. Finishing 163rd sucked!

katifanko

katifanko

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You can play a poker tournament for hours and hours and sometimes for days in large tournaments. Your goal is to win the tournament. Another goal is to cash, win money. The last person to not win money before the 1st player wins money is the "Bubble Boy". It's a huge let down to put that much time in and not be rewarded. I've been the bubble boy before and was dumbfounded. Felt like a loser. There were 750 players and paid 162 spots. Finishing 163rd sucked!

I guess it happened a few times to me too… it does suck!!!

vardyonfire

vardyonfire

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bubble is the position where you can headphone a tournament if you have a good skill, you can make a lot of money in a tournament thanks to other players who play very tight. With good raises and head you can evolve very well during that period

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bubble Bust

Bubble is when you bust before you get a beautiful bounty.

VikyGia

VikyGia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi

When you reach the bubble is when they start to collect, it is rewarding to reach it, and more if it is a complicated tournament.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
Can anyone please explain it to me? People keep mentioning playing in "the bubble". I also played once in a GG poker tournament as soon as I joined the platform and experienced "the bubble" there but I didn't understand what the hell it's about :confused:

It is the final stage to reach the prize, depending on the pot there can be a lot of aggressiveness until reaching the final table, many prefer to play with caution so as not to stay out of the jackpot:party:

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
A bubble is a jargon that you have probably heard while playing poker. Now, if you're wondering what the terms "bubble" in poker, "rock bubble" in poker, or "bubble" in poker mean. A "bubble" in poker refers to a situation in any poker tournament where the next losing player doesn't get a dime. In poker, the tournament bubble appears right before the payout starts, when the last few players are eliminated.