What book do you recommend?

mavrulit

mavrulit

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I know that without practice nothing will work out in any business, but without theory it is also difficult. Can you please tell me which book to read to learn more about poker?

D

DaHawk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Really depends on what you're going for? Just learning? Advanced? Game type? Etc.

Normino

Normino

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know that without practice nothing will work out in any business, but without theory it is also difficult. Can you please tell me which book to read to learn more about poker?

I don't know if i'm allowed to advertise or not but (scribd has 30 day free trial) has few phil gordon, helmuth, gus hansen, dara o'keaney and few other authors that I havent heard of books. If you don't have the time to read all of them a couple are on audiobook as well.. I'm working my way up by starting poker for dummies.. also cards chat has a pdf and 30 day course here as well which I just completed myself..

M

Mr_Nuisance

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Secrets of Professional Tournament Poker" by Jonathan Little is an AMAZING resource for the price you pay. You might not find value quite like it anywhere else.

As for other resources besides that book, I would also recommend websites that have already been mentioned such as Upswing Poker and Poker Coaching as both of them are terrific places to learn and grow your game, and they don't break the bank like some course or websites can.

F

FlushKings311

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Investigative/Forensic

Anything by Patricia Cornwell is pretty awesome..

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depending on your level I really wouldn't even recommend a book to folks anymore. The amount of info that's available on Youtube and even here at Cardschat with the "30 days to Becoming a Better Player" will improve your game and set you on the right path.

The only thing I would tell you to do is find reliable sources and master the fundamentals before trying to figure some advanced stuff that folks are trying to sell you.

Most of that stuff isn't for 90% of folks that are playing low limits anyway. I just cringe when I hear some poker pro telling folks about some latest and greatest poker system that's shown them the way and not recognizing a lot of folks still have trouble reading a board at a glance or couldn't even tell you the odds of making basic hands, lol.

I mean get the basics down, learn the path/steps to improve your game and take it step by step. Pass on the books for awhile.

G

gamis

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I ' ve read dozens of poker books

the very best are:

- the teory of poker, david sklansky

- Harrington on Hold’em, tournaments and ring games ass well

mavrulit

mavrulit

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I ' ve read dozens of poker books

the very best are:

- the teory of poker, david sklansky

- Harrington on Hold’em, tournaments and ring games ass well

Do you think these books have helped you improve your game?

M

Matox8

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Elements of poker for sure. You have to read that book.

T

thesternburglar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mastering Poker Math: Become a Feared Shark in Texas No-Limit Hold'em.

61axs1kp7iL._AC_UY218_.jpg

There is a second volume that I have not read.

[COLOR=#0F1111 !important]Mastering Poker Math: Learn Expert Winning Strategies for Texas No-Limit Hold'em
https://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Po...4527484&sprefix=mastering+poker,aps,61&sr=8-4

[/COLOR]

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The best book about poker is the one that you will write yourself.

Akuana

Akuana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you all for the quality literature. I will study.
Thanks to the author for the thread.

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniel Negreanu's books taught me to play small ball"" poker, Don't read that one will get you crushed. I suggest videos over books. Put that money down on a membership! & watch some videos from poker training sites

BlindThieve420

BlindThieve420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're new to poker, SuperSystem by Doyle Brunson is a good book to learn the fundamentals.

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Super System" is the classics.