What bet sizes do you consider correct to play?

BRANCASLIM

BRANCASLIM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Knowing the most appropriate Preflop bet sizes when we play in micro limits or at any other level is essential, since with this we will get more profitability to our hands that we play and the rivals that we have in front, depending on the trends that they have, in As for paying or raising the bets of the rivals. At the moment I am in doubt about how much it would be good to do my open raise, if for 3bb or for 2bb in the daily tournaments, mainly when we are reaching the final table and another question that I have is the size that you can bet post flop so that my game is as profitable as possible, since these basic errors are costing me too expensive. What do you think about this? I know there is a lot of material and I am studying it, but I consider that the daily CC tournaments are different from the rest of the micro-limits, the level is higher and the bets should be more appropriate. thanks for your help!

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to adjust my sizing for value, for example if I think the villan will call a 3x raise then I may go with that sizing for value instead of going with 2.2x. But, If I think the villan pays attention to my sizing I will stick with the standard size.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know how important the open raise sizing is as long as it is reasonable and you stay consistent (or only vary for a specific reason). Obviously, we want to avoid opening really big with big hands and small when we have nothing (or vice versa etc) because even the fairly unobservant will realize something is up.

I would stick with the "default" 3x open raise if you are unsure. 2.5x open raise has been becoming more fashionable for seasoned regs and pros because you are "risking less" to stab at the pot. The drawback is that there is less value in there already once you hit your hand. Another factor as well is that smaller open raises (like 2.5x vs 3x), allows your opponents to profitably continue with a wider calling range. Opening smaller is therefore a more controlled idea for players with solid post-flop skills and for playing for small pots. If you want bigger pots, then you must bet bigger to get chips into the pot.

In fact, I may even recommend some beginners to consistently open larger when in doubt - say 4x or 5x etc. Why? It polarizes the opponent calling ranges to continue and it also makes it less likely they will continue with you to the flop; this could be a good strategy if you aren't yet confident in post-flop play. If you do get to the flop, then your hand reading is easier because their range is narrower having called your larger open size.

linaxmama

linaxmama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you’re talking about the pre floop, at the beginning of the game I usually do 3x to fatten the pot and when it’s going further I open 2.3,2.5

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You must remember that Raise-Raise the Bet is a really powerful move that can make your opponent stop bluffing and even give up or not bet with relatively strong hands. If you have the best possible hand, you must be careful not to overreact and bet more than is convenient, causing your opponent to abandon the hand before putting all his money in "your" pot.

J

jorgetorres0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are right, it is totally different in cash to the tournament final stages, in the final stages I usually open for 2, don't go, then I will eat a raise and I don't want to pay it, you have to be more cautious in that phase of the tournament

M

masha535

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I place bets based on the hand. Let's assume that we have a very strong hand and we want to get as much as possible from our opponent. If Your opponent has dropped their hand on Your bet, then this bet cannot be considered for valu. With a winning combination, we don't want the opponent to throw their cards worse than ours. Therefore, it is not profitable to bet a lot - we will often run short. But it is also bad to bet too little. Here we need a "Golden mean". Where is she? It depends on the opponent - whether he is an aggressive player or not, that is, how often he responds to bets on the streets, and more. It is also important to guess what kind of hand your opponent might have, and think about which bet they will answer and which one they will discard. But you should always remember that if we don't let the opponent see the next street, then his hand may get stronger. The most frequent bet size is in the range from 1/2 to 2/3 of the pot size