What is the best way to win a freeroll?

D

davidshoval

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Which sites require me to deposit and which don't?
I play: carbonpoker, bodog and ultimate bet.
If you know more good sites with good freerolls and with the option to withdraw without deposit tell me about.
Thank you David Shoval.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think you might try fulltilt. thats how i started with freerolls and there's accually one tounament that pays real money from playchips. there's is a thread that talks about it here. read through it and see if ou think its for you. i wouldnt sign up for to many sites with out a deposit. because as you get good you will want a rackback account and will not be able to if you already have an account there. anyway heres the link to the thread.

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/general-poker-13/

as far as playing freerolls for me there are 2 different ways i play. 1st way was discussed play tight bet big with made hands. loosen up when the blinds get big. the 2nd way and the one that seems to work best for me is to try to see as many flop as cheap as possible. if i hit it i bet big. if i miss i bet small(the min amount). one move i do twice an orbit on average is to make a miin raise preflop the make a min bet on the flop. you will be surprised how many time this works. i still bet my big hands strong. but find people dont know how to adjust to my playing evryhand. they often start shoving into me w/junk. this work great for me until i change tables then i start playing tight or stay at my style if a got nough chips to do it.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4000 x 1500=6000000 divided by 30= 20000 average stack at the bubble..

+1 i do this for evry tournament i play. here if you reach 20k and can keep it till the money you will have an average chance to win.

J

josh_dei8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have to be very tight the first hour, avoid all ins preflop where there will be 3-4 others in the pot. After the first hour, most of the all inners are gone and you can loosen up your starting selection a little. Now you will be facing the bigstack bullies who only have their chips because they won an allin fest the first 3 hands. Get into a pot with these guys when you have a great hand, they are willing to donate their chips cause they dont know how to take care of them.

But I think the best thing you can do, cruise through FT's private tourney tab and see what other forums have freerolls and become a part of those forums. Building your BR through private freerolls where there may only be 200-1500 players is easier than battling thru the other freerolls.

D

davidshoval

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for the help, I played at ultimate freeroll and finished 55 after I were 12 and I lost to the chip leader because bad luck AT vs A6 and he hit 6 on the turn. I played tight and wom my big hands and I think that this is very good stratgy
David Shoval.

PokerMagpie

PokerMagpie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
+1 i do this for evry tournament i play. here if you reach 20k and can keep it till the money you will have an average chance to win.

When you divide by 30, is that the number of places that pay out, or is that a different number ?

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to play just like any other tourney. Tight aggressive and hope i don't get sucked out on too much.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most sites requirer you to deposit, to withdraw. 1st hour play High PP, try to keep from calling all-ins, let the all-iners take there selfs out.
Just wait for great hands, play them the right way, don't let the chat get to you.
TAG can get you a great chip stack.

D

davidshoval

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Which sites do not require me to deposit to withdraw?
Top 19 pay out at ultimate bet.
Thank you.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you divide by 30, is that the number of places that pay out, or is that a different number ?

what i do is take the starting stack then multiply that by the # of entries this gives me the total amount of chips in play. once i know the total amount in play i devide by the # of paid spots. to get the average stack when ITM.

eg tilt freeroll 2700 players pays top 27.

1500 x 2700= 4,050,000 / 27= 150,000 avergare stack size w/27 plys left.

say it was a satellite to ferguson where 100 get the prize then its 40,500 but you would need so much less as there likely to be many SS's.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Which sites do not require me to deposit to withdraw?
Top 19 pay out at ultimate bet.
Thank you.
Most if not all of them, or you have to put up, with sending them your Photo ID, in an email. i think with UB you have to but i am unsure, for you see i don't have much on the sites, to start with, i will not end up cashing out till i am up to 1K to 2K. :smile:
You need to have some in there, so you can play yet. Plus if your in the US, you may want to keep your cash outs under 500.00 a year or pay taxs.

D

davidshoval

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok so if I want to withdraw I have to deposit and lets say I won 100 and deposit more 50 can I to withdraw or I have to play or just wait few weeks and then cashout?
Thank you,David Shoval.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to make the minimum deposit that the site requires in order for you to cash out. But that doesn't mean you can't just cash that out as well. Lets say you built your bankroll up to $1000 by starting with freerolls and you wanted to cash out, you would just have to make the minimum deposit(say $50) into your site of choice, and that would unlock the ability to withdraw your money, could be just the $1000, or the $1050(but you would definitely want to leave some in there).